• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Another favor from the GPO comunity

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Another favor from the GPO comunity

My mom, Kathy, is here with a terrible migrane that's lasted for three days now and no doctors seem to care. They just give her more Imitrex, which doesn't seem to be doing the job. I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my mom. She's really in a LOT of pain right now and can barely get up and walk around.

Thanks, guys.
    -Chris

Re: Another favor from the GPO comunity

Oh Chris I'm sorry to hear that.
    Has she been to a different doctor, I used to have those when I was little, it's really painful.

Keep her quiet, and keep anything that makes any noise at all totally silent.

That's really nice of you to care for her so much, of course she is your Mom and I understand your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my mom. Chris
    done deal!

dpDan

Hi Chris:

I had a friend who had really bad migraines. They lasted for 3-4 days and he couldn't eat also. The doctor finally had him cut out COFFEE and some other foods and the migraines went away. When they came back later in life, they weren't as bad.

Hope this helps, but her doctor needs to ascertain (if he can) what triggers the headaches.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

In the past few years, and unusual connection has been established between individuals who experience frequent, bad migrains and the presence of a patent foramen ovale. That is, a passage between two atrial chambers of the heart when there is normally a solid wall of tissue. Even more strange is the finding that repairing the abnormal passage results in a significant reduction in frequency and severity of migraines in these individuals. No one knows why there is a connection between the two ailments. In fact, the patent foramen ovale is often otherwise totally asymtomatic. That is, an individual may not have any other ill effects of having this "hole in the heart." But for some reason, the flow of some blood between the two atria lends to the development of bad headaches in some individuals. The repair of the abnormal passage can be done through a catheter without requiring a chest operation.

Now I am in no position to tell if your mom has a patent foreman ovale, or.... if she has one... repairing it would be helpful. I just think that you might like know about this interesting new finding. Please be aware, this is a new finding and there is a lot that still needs to be learned about the connection and who benefits from treatment and who doesn't.

I hope the best for your mom.

David

Hey bud! Got ya covered on the prayers for your mom.
    I know how it is with those dang headaches because I often suffer from them as well. One thing that has helped me big time is once the pain starts I down four Excedrin migraines and a couple cups of strong coffee. Then I lay down on my back, place a heating pad on my pillow under the backside of my neck nearest to the beginning if the spine and close my eyes. All most nearly every time the pain will either go away completely or subside somewhat tolerable.
    I am not saying it helps for everyone but it may be worth a try. And, as DAN suggested, make sure it's quiet for her!
    Hope your mom feels better soon!

NOTE - Yes I see a suggestion to cutting out coffee and that may be so. This is just what works for me and thought it may help.
    Styxx

Thanks, guys.
    It's amazing! Today she feels much better. Not completely better, but she's actually up and about and eating!

Yes, she's been to maybe two doctors and the ER at one point when it was really bad. All any of the doctors did was give her more pain medicine, not really a solution to the migrane problem.

Thanks again!
    -Chris

I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better

I must agree with Styxx and Dan because I do similar things when a migraine gets me down.

Steph

Smile Re: Another favor from the GPO comunity

My prayers are also for your mum Chris.
    I hope all will be solved soon.

Sincerely,
    Roberto

This may not be of any help to you, but I found that cutting out chocolate completely from my diet stopped me from having any more migraines (touch wood !)
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Thumbs up Re: Another favor from the GPO comunity

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Thanks, guys.
    It's amazing! Today she feels much better. Not completely better, but she's actually up and about and eating!

Yes, she's been to maybe two doctors and the ER at one point when it was really bad. All any of the doctors did was give her more pain medicine, not really a solution to the migrane problem.

Thanks again!
    -Chris
    Chris, anytime bud! Anytime at all. So glad to hear she is doing much better!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum