• Register
  • Help

Topic: What do you do with your outrage?

Share/Bookmark

What do you do with your outrage?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I usually abhor bumper stickers...they are in general the coalescence of cliche'd thought. That aside, the one that rings true to me for the past 6 years is..."if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention". I have been paying attention and I am indeed outraged. But what to do with that? Walk around angry all of the time? Spend my time trying to diffuse it in BB discussion or debate? Ultimately, we only really have one mechinism for change and that didn't quite work for me last Nov. I suspect there are a great many of you who feel as helpless and frustrated as I do. People are dying by the thousands for unknown reasons and that's an outrage that I think we all share regardless of political affiliation.

So, I'm curious...what do you do to eleviate your outrage? As for me, I currently donate time and money to charity. With that, I get to thumb my nose at the American majority that seem so eager to destroy the world. Something constructive amongst the destruction. What do you do? I need ideas so that I don't turn into a negative old squat.
    -Jamey

Talking Re: What do you do with your outrage?

(1) I yell at my boss, (2) he yells at me, (3) I quit, (4) he hangs up on me. (5) He writes nasty email, (6) I reply with nasty email, (7) we both pass out about 1 in the morning.

Next day I do a couple hours of work for him, get frustrated and start over at step one (1).
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: What do you do with your outrage?

No matter how much i love him, i get angry with my brother because we share a room. Sharing a room means : No personal time to do anything. No peace for composing. Invited people bumping your "Composer chair". Getting kicked out of room because girlfriend "Has arrived" (Pffft). And another 1.000.000 things i'd rather not whine about.

In short, we both overlooked the things that annoyed us and kept them inside due to mutual respect, but that was for too long: A few weeks ago the glass tipped and we both just SNAPPED i tell you. SNAPPED! Shouting overlapped complaints at 130dB to eachother and saying nasty stuff. Not nice at all. And one could say, not civilized at all either.

In the end, we both became brothers again, we both chilled out and reached to a few solutions. And of course, we said we didn't mean any of the nasty stuff because we didn't I felt so much better, so did he. Both relaxed and symbiotic again now. You only got one brother and i'd rather share a room with him than some random person!

So experience tells me its best to LET IT OUT! Never keep something that bothers you inside or else, it gathers up and -becomes- and outrage. A small thing can become a mountain if you don't express it while you have the chance and its still fresh. Don't let the skeletons in the closet gather dust, let them out for a walk.

MY TWO CENTS
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Alan- kind of funny, though it takes some pretty clever humor to impress me. Maybe someone else will get a kick out of your attempt at wit.

Ern- My wife and I got involved with one.org last month and I like it so far. Hadn't thought about actually contacting senators and such. I guess I figure my voice would just be one of the thousands that they respond with a form letter, if anything at all. Bureaucratic systems have no real appeal to me. I've signed so many petitions and been involved in several rallies which ultimately seemed to have done not much.

-Jamey

Theodor,

Letting it all out can be great - unless one starts making a habit of it.

We get good at things by practicing them. If we practice letting out our anger, then we become really good at acting - and feeling - angry.

It sounds like your expereince with your brother let you open up communications that had been blocked before. That's great! The thing to practice now is communications. Hopefully the blow up was a one time event.

-JF

Two words- hate . It's what psychotic ex-girlfreinds were put on Earth for.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Does that mean that you hate or that you bring hate to your ? Either way, I feel sorry for you.
    -J

Go Back to forum