• Register
  • Help

Topic: change of computer

Share/Bookmark

change of computer

Hi,
    I'm running GPO on my G4 Powerbook and my G4 desktop (same licence). I've just upgraded to a dual G5 2.7GHz (yippee!!), so what do I have to do to transfer the code from the G4 desktop?
    thanks,
    Steve

Re: change of computer

Woe! A G5 ... I envy you! One name ... Gary.
    Styxx

You have to deauthorize GPO on which ever computer you don't want to use it on anymore so you can get a new authorization for your G5.

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...id=register_us

Go to this page and then click on the "Manage Registrations/Authorizations" link. Once you've deactivated the authorization just run the registration tool on your G5.

Hope you enjoy the dual 2.7. I just recently got a dual 2.0, and I'm loving it.
    Tim

I too recently bought a Mac G5 dual 2.0 for Digital Performer with 3.5 gigs of RAM woot!

I want to remind you to be careful when you de-authorize one of the two computers that GPO is on, because if you ever decide to change your mind, you can not re-authorize a machine that has been removed.

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I too recently bought a Mac G5 dual 2.0 for Digital Performer with 3.5 gigs of RAM woot!

I want to remind you to be careful when you de-authorize one of the two computers that GPO is on, because if you ever decide to change your mind, you can not re-authorize a machine that has been removed.

dpDan
    thnks guys, I'll give that a go, posted already in the forum, but do either of you know where the system id is to be found on macs? nervous if deactivating my laptop, which would be a DISASTER!! (I need my gpo!)

Stellarsound,

If by your system ID you mean your computer's serial number, the path is Your Internal Harddrive>Applications Folder >Utilities Folder>System Profiler. Click on "Hardware", and you will see at the bottm of the list, your serial number.

Hope this helps,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Stellarsound,

If by your system ID you mean your computer's serial number, the path is Your Internal Harddrive>Applications Folder >Utilities Folder>System Profiler. Click on "Hardware", and you will see at the bottm of the list, your serial number.

Hope this helps,

Karl
    hi karl,
    thanks for your reply. It's not that unfortunately, the seriel I'm trying to find is all numbers, I'm trying to deactivate gpo on a computer so I can transfer the licence to my new machine, but I'm wirred I'll deactivate the wrong licence (i.e. my laptop)

Sorry, I'm not sure what number you are referring too. I have not had the pleasure of upgrading computers as of yet.

Karl

Steve,

If this is not the number you are looking for, you might mean the number that was sent to you from NI when you registered your GPO player. You can find it along with the serial number in that email. They refer to it as your system ID. It sure is a long number. I wouldn’t think that you would need it though, but having not bought a new computer in about a century, I wouldn’t really know.

Karl

Go Back to forum