• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I post a little demo I've written?

Share/Bookmark

How do I post a little demo I've written?

Hi all, I wonder if someone could tell me how to post a little mp3 of mine... I notice in the (fairly draconian sounding) "posting rules" at the bottom left of my screen that I "MAY NOT" post attachments.... don't know why I've merited that... anyway, is there a way to do it? Any help is appreciated... I've love for you all to hear this little thing and give me feedback...

Steve
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Re: How do I post a little demo I've written?

Quote Originally Posted by stmain
    Hi all, I wonder if someone could tell me how to post a little mp3 of mine... I notice in the (fairly draconian sounding) "posting rules" at the bottom left of my screen that I "MAY NOT" post attachments.... don't know why I've merited that... anyway, is there a way to do it? Any help is appreciated... I've love for you all to hear this little thing and give me feedback...

Steve
    Hi Steve!! Welcome! There are two ways of doing this. Most people here have their own web storage space which is either purchased or free from a variety of places, or if you are really strapped, Gary or any number of us here can host it for you. (I could - temporarily).

Then you just add the url of your file to your post so people can access your demo

Let us know if you need some space. There are a lot of places on the web that will let you have free space (or very inexpensive) to host your files.

Howabout it fellas? Anyone recomend some good places to host your files?

Jerry Wickham

P.S. - You might also do a search on the forum - many a newbie (including myself) asks that when they come here. There are threads with ideas on where to look.
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Hi Jerry, thanks so much for your quick reply (boy are you a night-owl... either that or you're up at the crack of dawn and are probably healthy, wealthy and wise!).

Thanks also for your advice. I'm actually working on getting my website (such as it is) up and running. Until then, I'd absolutely be grateful if I could take advantage of your offer and somehow post my little piece through you... Let me know what to do.

Thanks so much!
    Steve
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Steve,

I work nights at a hotel.
    Email me your file. How big is it?
    (jwickham@frontiernet.net)

I'll host it for you temporarily - I have a little space, but I use it often. I can host it for you for a few weeks. It will have a funny url to it (like home.comcast.net~clairespics/YOURFILE.mp3) I have set aside space for my new baby daughter's pics - but haven't used most of the space for it. Until I need it, you are welcome to it.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Thanks, Jerry, I'll e-mail it to you right now (though I don't know about it being on a website with your baby daughter's pics... isn't there an old theatre rule about how little kids always upstage you?... )

Sending it right now...
    Steve
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Thanks, Jerry, I'll e-mail it to you right now (though I don't know about it being on a website with your baby daughter's pics... isn't there an old theatre rule about how little kids always upstage you?... )

Sending it right now...
    Steve
    No - Steve,

It won't be in competition with any pics.

I will be STORING your file there - there is a direct url to that particular file - so no one will be seeing any page or what not when they are listening.

They will click on the link and either the mp3 will begin downloading to their computer - or it will open up a new browser window with an mp3 player plugin that will begin to play the song.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

You are great! Is there a way/appropriate time that I can ask people to go listen to it, and hopefully ask for their feedback? (I'd love yours too, btw).

Let me know, and thanks so much again!

Steve
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

You are great! Is there a way/appropriate time that I can ask people to go listen to it, and hopefully ask for their feedback? (I'd love yours too, btw).

Let me know, and thanks so much again!

Steve

You go to the demo section of the Forum, and do what you did when you made this thread. (create a new thread)

there is a url button (looks like a globe) you click on it and paste your url there) and then ask people for feedback - explain the background of your piece, and what instruments you used. And unless you ask, people are not going to critique your compositional aspects, but might give you tech advice on how to achieve more realistic results.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Go Back to forum