• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spicy Chicken Cards (Gary said I could post this)

Share/Bookmark

OT: Spicy Chicken Cards (Gary said I could post this)

It's been a really long time since I've last posted and I hate my first post to be a shameless plug, but Gary said I should post my announcement here. So big apologies if anyone is put off by this.

My company has just launched a new web site featuring animated greeting cards called Spicy Chicken Cards. My job is, of course, composer (and sound designer). And of course GPO being my weapon of choice for any orchestral music.

Some of you may remember a piece I wrote a while back called "Happy Dog". It was originally written for a commercial, but the character has now become one of our series regulars.

Our cards are hip and edgy and never cute (we hate that!). There's something there to offend everybody. The service is subscription based ($20 for twelve months; send as many cards as you wish) and there are several FREE cards you can send to try it out. You may view any of our cards before you decide to subscribe. New cards are being added weekly.

If any of you nice people want to subscribe please use GPOFRIENDS as the promotion code by August 31, 2005 for a $5.00 discount.

Thanks again for this shameless plug.

Best regards,
    Steve Barden
    Last edited by bmpsound; 07-14-2005 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added "off topic" to title
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Re: Spicy Chicken Cards (Gary said I could post this)

Ha! This is awesome I love it! Steve, it looks to me as if you have a job one would die for! Cool cards, and at that price a steal! I'm real happy you post this and why not since GPO is used in your work.
    Ya see, this is what I like about this forum. Sharing what is important, what one does, actually being human.
    Cool post, thanks Steve!
    Styxx

Steve,

I wish you great success with your new venture. I hope members who need a card will go to Spicy Chicken Cards. I am honored you use GPO in your work.
    What you are doing is fabulous.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Ha! This is awesome I love it! Steve, it looks to me as if you have a job one would die for! Cool cards, and at that price a steal! I'm real happy you post this and why not since GPO is used in your work.
    Ya see, this is what I like about this forum. Sharing what is important, what one does, actually being human.
    Cool post, thanks Steve!
    Styxx,

Thanks so much. Yes, this is a dream job! How many people get to say they sit around all day and audition fart sounds? Believe me, not everybody has that skill!

It is fun. I get to write music. Period. I get to write music in many different styles. I've written a polka, Russian circus music, punk rock screaming music, country music, novelty songs, house dance music, etc. I'm never bored.

And being able to use GPO is an extraordinary benefit. It really streamlines the whole composing-orchestrating-recording process. I can't say enough great things about this product.

I hope everyone gets a chance to visit our site and check out our cards. And if you need to send someone a wacky card, please think of us.

Thanks again.
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Steve,

I wish you great success with your new venture. I hope members who need a card will go to Spicy Chicken Cards. I am honored you use GPO in your work.
    What you are doing is fabulous.

All the best,

Gary Garritan
    Gary,

Thanks for your kind words. As I replied to Styxx in my previous post, this is a dream job and GPO makes it that way. I'm thrilled that this product exists because it makes my life easier.

Expect to hear more of the GPO products in all Spicy Chicken cards!

I'm anxious to work with the upcoming Advanced version and Big Band libraries.

Best regards,
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com

Re: OT: Spicy Chicken Cards (Gary said I could post this)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsound
    If any of you nice people want to subscribe please use GPOFRIENDS as the promotion code by August 31, 2005 for a $5.00 discount.
    Just wanted to update everyone. We decided to kick in a big $10 discount to really get our site launched. So, through August 31st you can sign up for only $10 using promotional code SPICY99 (it's pasted all over the site).

I'll extend the GPOFRIENDS offer through the end of the year.

Thanks!
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com

Let's support our Spicy Chicken friends!

[composes spicy chicken card to Papa Chalk to request new animated emoticons...]
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

I LOVE IT!
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com

Higher Wages For Poultrified Workers!!

Go Back to forum