• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO not recognised by Sibelius as a device

Share/Bookmark

GPO not recognised by Sibelius as a device

Hi

Newbie here. Just pruchased GPO yesterday. I have looked throughout the forum & FAQs before posting my query.
    My query is: Why won't Sibelius recognise GPO Studio #s 1, 2, etc as a device?
    I have the Kontakt player working and loading samples.
    I have GPO studio working in Cubase.
    But for reasons unknown to me GPOStudio is not listed as a Player Device in Sibelius.

I have seen a similar message from 2003 already about in the Sibelius Helpcentre forum, See the thread:
    " Help! problems on setting up GPO
    Posted by - Kevin W. on 08 Jun 03:54PM "

2nd Questioin: That user sorted out his problem by going into GPO Studio Settings>Preferences and setting the buffer size to the same value as his ASIO sound card.

However, is this referring to an older version of GPO Studio? I don't even see an interface to access GPO studio that has a "Settings>Preferences".

Thanks for any advice for a frustrated newbie.

Mike

Re: GPO not recognised by Sibelius as a device

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb
    Hi

Newbie here. Just pruchased GPO yesterday. I have looked throughout the forum & FAQs before posting my query.
    But for reasons unknown to me GPOStudio is not listed as a Player Device in Sibelius.

I have seen a similar message from 2003 already about in the Sibelius Helpcentre forum, See the thread:

2nd Questioin: That user sorted out his problem by going into GPO Studio Settings>Preferences and setting the buffer size to the same value as his ASIO sound card.

However, is this referring to an older version of GPO Studio? I don't even see an interface to access GPO studio that has a "Settings>Preferences".

Mike
    Basic question: did you load GPO before opening Sibelius? I don't mean to be patronizing, but that is usally the first (mis) step.

R. Pearl

I suspect Ron's right: if you don't see GPO Studio 1 through 8 in Play > Devices, then you likely didn't preload GPO before Sibelius.

See the initial tutorials in:

http://www.garritan.com/GPO-SibeliusPage.html

Hi

Mike

Open GPO Studio,select settings (upper left). All should then be clear regarding settings. If not, ask again!

Even with GPO Studio not loaded, it should appear under Play, Devices in Sibelius. Select it as a device here. But you can not use it and may not find it in the mixer unless you have opened GPO Studio before Sibelius. Also, you may not see it in the mixer until you select Reset Sounds.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Open GPO Studio,select settings (upper left). All should then be clear regarding settings. If not, ask again!

Even with GPO Studio not loaded, it should appear under Play, Devices in Sibelius. Select it as a device here. But you can not use it and may not find it in the mixer unless you have opened GPO Studio before Sibelius. Also, you may not see it in the mixer until you select Reset Sounds.

Richard
    Richard,

This may be a Mac/PC thing, but unless GPO is loaded first, it doesn't show up in Devices - for me, on a Mac. I think it may be different for different OSs.

R. Pearl

Talking Thanks to all... I got it working!

Thanks much.

What an embarrassing start to being a member of the community.
    Almost immediately after posting, I realised that GPO Studio wasn't installed properly. I reinstalled it and now Sibelius is recognising it.

But I had such a lovely time playing with GPO and Sibelius that I forgot to post that I had sorted my - very basic - problem out.

The only problem now is that I've got to get more memory!
    (I knew this when I ordered it - I only have 1Gig and a 2.53 P4 Intel thats 3 years old. )

So next stop - PCWorld for a new motherboard with vastly more memory!

Speak to you all soon to let you know how I'm getting on.

Mike

Re: Thanks to all... I got it working!

Thanks much.

What an embarrassing start to being a member of the community.
    Almost immediately after posting, I realised that GPO Studio wasn't installed properly. I reinstalled it and now Sibelius is recognising it.

But I had such a lovely time playing with GPO and Sibelius that I forgot to post that I had sorted my - very basic - problem out.

The only problem now is that I've got to get more memory!
    (I knew this when I ordered it - I only have 1Gig and a 2.53 P4 Intel thats 3 years old. )

So next stop - PCWorld for a new motherboard with vastly more memory!

Speak to you all soon to let you know how I'm getting on.

Mike
    Mike,

May all your embarassments be so small! Glad it was such a simple thing, and that you have already begun to enjoy the program.

Don't hesitate with future questions.

All the best,

R. Pearl

Go Back to forum