• Register
  • Help

Topic: Halion Strings 2 coming

Share/Bookmark

Halion Strings 2 coming

This really is an excellent library, and HS2 will be AudioUnit -at last!

I gave up on HS1 some time ago because the original VST VI was very wobbly on the Mac -lousy streaming and the graphic crashed Logic a lot- and although you could import the programs to Halion that was also a "second thought" AU which (while I was using it anyway) seemed an unwilling Mac candidate.

Hopefully Steinberg are finally getting their act together for mac OSX Users.

If you like the VSL sound then HS are worth a listen -controlled, direct-sounding but also warm and homogenous is how I'd try to describe it. The new version also promises "RealAmbience" which I think may be a kind of "far", concert perspective.

http://www.steinberg.de/Steinberg/Co...5_hse2_eu.html

Nigel

Banned

Re: Halion Strings 2 coming

actually, i don't understand why you like halion-strings that much.

i bought it when it came out, because i didn't have money to buy a really good library, and i used it two or three times. for my taste, it simply lacks character.
    halion-strings are ok way back in a pop-mix, but as a replacement of real strings, the library ist just too general-midi-sounding.

i do agree: sounds are a question of taste....so, no offense meant.

zono b.

well,no offence taken, of course; every library has its strengths, and it also depends on the sound you want for a particular project. I found the Basses and Violas especially nice, full and smooth, and I liked the sound of the room a lot - you need little reverb.

Quite apart from the question of taste, though, the original VST was rather limited in scope and at the time of release it was competing with lots of other, more comprehensive libraries. But Claudius Bruse is a good developer, and I expect with Volume 2 it could be a serious product.

Nigel

Does anyone know if vol2 will be an upgrade, or do you have to purcahse it seperately?

Go Back to forum