• Register
  • Help

Topic: OTBNR - Hey all of you!

Share/Bookmark

Cool OTBNR - Hey all of you!

I have noticed that most if not all of you don't start to join in on the forum until after noon sometime of 1:00 or 2:00 pm. I certainly hope your not sleeping your aces off and not woiking during the summer! Does everyone have summer vacation? It is my sincere anticipation that you are all busy woiking on one heck of a musical composition or production that I may take pleasure in hearing soon! Here I am sweating in this private school that is actually a glorified juvenile detention facility and your home sleeping your chicken legs off!
    Well, actually I understand you have to do what you have to do. I'm just a little bit bored today. It may be that there is no air circulation in this building. Time fur a walk outside. It's been a beautiful 90 degrees so far this summer with the clearest of blue skies. Pinch me, I think I am dreamingk, darlink!
    Styxx

Re: OTBNR - Hey all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I have noticed that most if not all of you don't start to join in on the forum until after noon sometime of 1:00 or 2:00 pm. I certainly hope your not sleeping your aces off and not woiking during the summer! Does everyone have summer vacation? It is my sincere anticipation that you are all busy woiking on one heck of a musical composition or production that I may take pleasure in hearing soon! Here I am sweating in this private school that is actually a glorified juvenile detention facility and your home sleeping your chicken legs off!
    Well, actually I understand you have to do what you have to do. I'm just a little bit bored today. It may be that there is no air circulation in this building. Time fur a walk outside. It's been a beautiful 90 degrees so far this summer with the clearest of blue skies. Pinch me, I think I am dreamingk, darlink!
    Styxx, RUOK?

Well, I'm working on the first orchestration duel piece. I ain't sleepin all day. I'm also taking this online geometry course to try out the virtual high school or excellence and if I like it I'll take a full 10th grade year there and ditch public school! Yay!! Then I'll have more time to practice and work on my orchestration duel piece.

About the orchestration duel piece...
    I've come up with many ideas for it. There's a concerto, a fugue, and a concerto/fugue. Then, of course, there's a very moviemusic way of doing it. I also did it one way that sounded like good game music for a game that's all fantacy with goblins and fairies and stuff.

Which one shall I do?
    I'm liking the fugue/concerto best. It starts off just like a Bach fugue, but once all the instruments get in there it turns into a tripple concerto for two cellos and piano. There's only one problem: as the voices come in they go up a 5th each time. By the time all the voices come in I've completed exactly one round of the circle of fifths. It's kinda cool in a way, but it must be painful as the player to be playin' in all those sharps and flats.

Is it just me or has my rambling gotten worse?

-Chris

I am in Rochester, NY every summer. We are also in this heat wave. I come inside into the air at about 1:00 to start practicing and composing.

Peace

Rik

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I have noticed that most if not all of you don't start to join in on the forum until after noon sometime of 1:00 or 2:00 pm. I certainly hope your not sleeping your aces off and not woiking during the summer!

Wow...I wish!

I work the "nominal" 11 am to 8 pm shift (actually it's usually much later than 8 pm by the time I leave), so by the time I've taken care of user problems, email, etc. it's close to 1:00 before I can get to the forum. It's kinda nice getting in so late, but by quitting time I'm really dragging!

Chris - fugue/concerto sounds cool!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

i DO sleep all day these days.

but it's because my day job sometimes involves working night shifts.

slán

mick ó c

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    Chris - fugue/concerto sounds cool!
    Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. It's a startin' to sound kinda cool. It's just hard squeezing that piano into such a boroque form--the fugue. I think I'll switch it to a harpsi or something. I don't know. We'll see.

-Chris

Go Back to forum