• Register
  • Help

Topic: Patriotic ditty

Share/Bookmark

Patriotic ditty

New guy. This is a simple arrangement, straight from Finale, very little tweaking... done for a fife and drum exhibition from this past 4th. Figured I'd share since you were having a contest. Thanks.

Fife and Drum Medley

Re: Patriotic ditty

Welcome aboard, Dargason!

Nice job on this!

The ending section works particularly well.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I love this.I absolutely adore fife(Piccolo) and drums.Its such a primal sound.
    Welcome to the Forum.I look forward to hearing more.
    regards
    ......wanders off into night singing "Iiiiiiiiim a yankee-doodle joaz"........

Welcome to the forum Dargason!

I realy liked your arrangement. Made me want to get out and wave my flag! It would have been great to hear this live at the drum and fife exhibition.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I realy liked your arrangement. Made me want to get out and wave my flag! It would have been great to hear this live at the drum and fife exhibition.
    Thanks for the kind words Gary.

No doubt I could have tweaked other things to make it more lifelike, but the bottom line is that it provided an effective prototype that made the rehearsals and performance easier, which is what playback is all about for me.

The performance consisted of two groups - Group A was three authentic fifes and one Colonial rope snare on the ground level; Group B was 10 piccolos, rope snare, bass drum and flag corps on the mezzanine level above them. I used differently pitched snares in the GPO version and detuned the piccolos a bit to simulate my expectations. I also cranked the reverb as we were playing in a very live marbled foyer. GPO was a great help!

Go Back to forum