• Register
  • Help

Topic: Old Lady & Emperor EXS24 and GIGA3 updates

Share/Bookmark

Old Lady & Emperor EXS24 and GIGA3 updates

Hello,

The latest Old Lady and Emperor EXS24 and GIGA3 updates I find on the PMI site don't seem to work well.

The Old Lady EXS24 update creates a new patch called Old Lady fixed 2755,
    and it is good.

The Old Lady update for GIGA3 doesn't work, as I get an error message saying something to the effect of "the imported instrument was built with a wave pool with 1193 more waves....."

The Emperor giga3 update has the same problem, so I have neither the Old Lady nor the Emperor updates for GIGA3.

The Emperor EXS24 update creates a new patch called Emperor no pedal, which works, but as the name implies there are no pedal down samples.

It also creates a patch called Emperor V2 COPY, which has no sounding notes at all.

Can anyone help with these problems, please?

Are there other updates which I haven't found?

I just finished recording some solo piano pieces, and the Vintaudio C7 performed very well. I will certainly continue to use it, but I would also
    like to be able to try using the updated and hopefully problem free old Lady and Emperor.

Thanks!

Patrick

Re: Old Lady & Emperor EXS24 and GIGA3 updates

I just finished recording some solo piano pieces, and the Vintaudio C7 performed very well.
    Any chance you could post it for us to hear?

Sure, you can have a listen to a couple of tracks at
    http://www.apparitionmusic.com/takef...lymorning.html

Patrick

Thumbs up Re: Old Lady & Emperor EXS24 and GIGA3 updates

Patrick, nice playing buddy.

You have me curious as to what controller you are using.

Also, it is a knock-out of a demo for the Vintaudio too. For whatever reason, I hear with different ears when I listen to demos that aren't directly off the manufacturers website.

Wish I would have picked up the C7 at the prior bundled price. I have their uprights and love/use them all the time!

Good job guys,

-Tweed

Hi Tweed,

Thanks.

I am using a Yamaha P-200. I am finding that I can go from playing the P-200 to playing an acoustic grand piano with no problems.

Patrick

Sounds great! Can't wait to get my new G5 so I can start using the C7. I still wish that someone would A/B the Vintaudio C7 with the Ivory C7. That would be very interesting....

Go Back to forum