• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio with Windows Professional x64 Edition

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO Studio with Windows Professional x64 Edition

I am having an issue with GPO Studio under Windows x64. I realise that this is not a supported operating system, but I thought I'd try to install anyway! Just before it gets to the end of the installation, I receive the following message:

Install Failed - on driver message DRV_INSTALL

Am I right in suspecting that a non-support 32-bit driver is trying to install itself?

Will GPO Studio become x64 compatible if this is the case?

Many thanks

Mark Hartt-Palmer

Re: GPO Studio with Windows Professional x64 Edition

Welcome to the NS cult, Markhp!
    I wasn't even aware that win64 was even out! Gee, I feel out of the loop! Anyway, I don't know much about your issue, but I think your suspician is correct. Since win64 is not supported your hypothesis is very reasonable (just to use big words ).

I don't mean to go OT, but how does win64 compare to win32?

-Chris

I'm running x64 and I had the very same exactly problem (same error message and everything). I can almost guarantee it's because of the OS, but I'll be able to verify this after I switch back to regular XP (I plan I doing this later tonight).

R u sure its not a driver issue?

Quote Originally Posted by kodec
    I'm running x64 and I had the very same exactly problem (same error message and everything). I can almost guarantee it's because of the OS, but I'll be able to verify this after I switch back to regular XP (I plan I doing this later tonight).
    GPO Studio works fine in WinXP 32-bit, which seems to suggest that the 64-bit poblem is a driver issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Welcome to the NS cult, Markhp!
    I wasn't even aware that win64 was even out! Gee, I feel out of the loop! Anyway, I don't know much about your issue, but I think your suspician is correct. Since win64 is not supported your hypothesis is very reasonable (just to use big words ).

I don't mean to go OT, but how does win64 compare to win32?

-Chris
    Windows XP x64 Edition was released about a couple of months ago. It's very stable, but driver support (especially printers & scanners) is very sketchy at present. Still, this was the case with initial versions of 32-bit Windows, so I suspect that manufacturers will be more willing to write drivers as the new software catches on. It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation though!

Go Back to forum