• Register
  • Help

Topic: Studio B & Lyrical Distortion in GigaStudio 3.1 - Preorders now, shipping the 30th!

Share/Bookmark

Studio B & Lyrical Distortion in GigaStudio 3.1 - Preorders now, shipping the 30th!

Studio B and Lyrical Distortion are now in the GigaStudio 3.1 format!

Utilizing the new 'Round Robin across Keybd' feature, each note advances per unique keystroke; the new stacking features in 3.1; along with iMIDI 'mono-mode' using intelligent polyphonic detection to detect and change between chordal and lead playing styles, these new versions pack alot of power into two very low-cost packages.

For Studio B demos, please visit the SB Demo Room.

Studio B is an all-in-one solution for acoustic drum kits, bass and electric guitar. At around 3GBs of 24-bit samples and the power and flexibility of 8 multitrack mics on the drum kits along side the Resonator Technology (developed with Theo Krueger), Studio B is a must own for any electronic musician. More info here.

For Lyrical Distortion demos, please visit the LD Demo Room.

Lyrical Distortion is a Custom 22 PRS® electric guitar, recorded through a Mesa Boogie® amplifier and programmed in Tascam's GigaStudio 3.1 to be easily played from any MIDI controller or sequencer. Lyrical Distortion represents a powerful and unique sounding instrument, sampled with incredible depth and playability. More info here.

Shipping will begin July 25th and the Preorder Sale lasts until July 30th. Don't hesitate, add these powerful additions to your sampled instrument collection today!

Studio B Preorder @ $149.99 ($50 Savings)

Lyrical DIstortion Preorder @ $124.99 ($25 Savings)
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Studio B & Lyrical Distortion in GigaStudio 3.1 - Preorders now, shipping the 30th!

Excellent. Glad to see that you're utilizing both of those new technologies from 3.1, which were designed for exactly what you're doing. It's great how some of these tools which were intended first for orchestral libraries enhance rhythm section instruments, and vice versa.

Re: Studio B & Lyrical Distortion in GigaStudio 3.1 - Preorders now, shipping the 30t

Thanks Bruce, we're really excited about this release as well. I've been a big fan of the ease of programming and flexibility of Kontakt and to now have all those features in Giga as well, with the huge userbase and solid performance for most backing that up - we hope this will make a mark. Especially the Studio B drums, the only other GigaStudio drums other than Seyer's available with multitrack mics for each kit piece with full authentic bleed through in every mic. Exciting stuff!

20 Things

Thumbs up Re: Studio B & Lyrical Distortion in GigaStudio 3.1 - Preorders now, shipping the 30th!

Great news!!

definitively something to cheer about!! many thanks!

Yves

Re: Studio B & Lyrical Distortion in GigaStudio 3.1 - Preorders now, shipping the 30t

Sounds great. How large is the Giga version? And how real-time playable is it? Solo rock guitar is not the kind of instrument I want to record in step mode...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Sounds great. How large is the Giga version? And how real-time playable is it? Solo rock guitar is not the kind of instrument I want to record in step mode...
    The giga versions are the same size as the Kontakt versions, roughly 3GBs for Studio B and 4GBs for Lyrical Distortion.

All of our instruments are designed to be as load-and-go as possible, so real time playing is not a problem, though, as with *any* library, to get the most out of it you will most likely need to go back and tweak a few things after the live run-down. We do have a few customers using guitar controllers with the libraries, and they are quite happy now being able to shread at 2am without their wives/parents complaining.

20 Things

Thanks, Alan.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

For all who have ordered and for all of those who are thinking about it but would like more detailed information, the Studio B User's Guide is now updated for both Kontakt 2 and GS 3.1 and is online available for download.

Download the Studio B User's Guide here.

20 Things

Re: Studio B & Lyrical Distortion in GigaStudio 3.1 - Preorders now, shipping the 30th!

It figures that you'd release the manual after I spent 2 hours copying patch names, keyswitch info, and controllers from Kontakt over to Overture.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    It figures that you'd release the manual after I spent 2 hours copying patch names, keyswitch info, and controllers from Kontakt over to Overture.
    LOL Just think... the Giovani users guide is 68 pages - have fun JB!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum