• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection or seperate?

Share/Bookmark

Question Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection or seperate?

Hello everyone,

with the sale at scarbee I'm thinking of buying some stuff from him but I can't make up my mind. I'm thinking of either the Vintage Keyboard Collection of $315 or WSP + RSP73 of in total $280.

Advantages of the collection:
    • The clavinet and electric piano for only $35 extra

Disadvantages:
    • Halion 3 instead of Kontakt 2 so no cool scripting

• USB dongle which is inconvenient and I am principly against and rather not support

The two extra piano's for so little extra money is a strong point, but the disadvantages aren't weak neither. What do you guys think? I don't think I'll use the clavinet much but the electric piano sounds interesting although there are hardly any demoes.

Thanks!
    Tom

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection or seperate?

Scarbee's pianos in sample library form are excellent, and require no fancy scripting to sound fantastic. If that is how you would like to proceed, especially if you don't see a need for the Clavinet, then buying libraries in this form demonstrates that there are people who will pay for them--and it is a VERY good thing to do.

I continue to hope that Scarbee will support samplers in the future. So much good development is happening in GigaStudio right now, for instance. If the support is not there, the innovation will start to trickle off and efforts will be diverted to other technologies. This is bad for everyone.

Re: Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection or seperate?

Quote Originally Posted by Atombo
    Hello everyone,

with the sale at scarbee I'm thinking of buying some stuff from him but I can't make up my mind. I'm thinking of either the Vintage Keyboard Collection of $315 or WSP + RSP73 of in total $280.

Advantages of the collection:
    • The clavinet and electric piano for only $35 extra
    Disadvantages:
    • Halion 3 instead of Kontakt 2 so no cool scripting

• USB dongle which is inconvenient and I am principly against and rather not support

The two extra piano's for so little extra money is a strong point, but the disadvantages aren't weak neither. What do you guys think? I don't think I'll use the clavinet much but the electric piano sounds interesting although there are hardly any demoes.

Thanks!
    Tom
    Hi Atombo,

There are several demos of RSP73 and WEP..
    I need to move them to KGB demo section..
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Go Back to forum