• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Did I get a good deal?

Share/Bookmark

Did I get a good deal?

I just placed an order on the East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition on ebay for $375.oo. Do you guys think I got a good deal on this? And why has the price on them dropped so dramatically?

Can't wait to start scoring for films..

Peace out!
    BLUE SPIDER

Re: Did I get a good deal?

Did you ask the seller if it is a legitimate version? How many positive feedbacks does this seller have? What is the positive feedback percentage?

You really have to be careful with software on eBay. Before you hand over your money, I'd weigh all of the above. Also, does the EULA for EWQLSO state that the samples are transferable. If not, you could be illegally purchasing a legitimate version.

By and large, I'd guess that over half of music software and sample sales on eBay are of illegitimate product (read: pirated/warez)

fizin

Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

They sound legit to me, what do you think? I'll be sending them payment tommorow.

What do you mean by EULA, tranferable? I'm still new to this stuff..

Thanks
    BLUE SPIDER

Without checking it out personally - that looks like a legit operation. Whether it's a good deal or not, I cannot say as I haven't priced it elsewhere.

This would seem to be their website - http://www.scitscat.com/catalog/index.php

fizbin

Unless he's an authorized dealer, he's *not allowed to resell the license* in other words he's not allowed to sell the library. STOP PAYMENT RIGHT AWAY!

Seriously, if you've paid by credit card, call the credit card company. Stop the check. Etc. You're absolutely within your rights at ebay and everywhere else, because it's illegal for the person to be selling the product.

You can read the license at Soundsonline.com.

Oh. Big Gilda Radner "Never mind..."

I think Nick means - "It doesn't necessarily smell fishy"

Man, you guys are confusing the sh*t out of me. It says that they are an authorized dealer. thanks!
    BLUE SPIDER

My rule of thumb is to always ask a question to the seller. If I get a response, then that is a very good sign. I don't think you'll have a problem here. It looks legit. He's got over 4000+ feedback and 99+% positive. That's pretty damned good.

fizbin

yeah, he responded to me within 20mins of the purchase. That's pretty fast!

Thanks guys
    BLUE SPIDER

Go Back to forum