• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hey, one question?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Hey, one question?

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
    Styxx

Re: Hey, one question?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    i think they're testoid, testular, testish, or temtestuous

Talking Re: Hey, one question?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx

Back when in college I took a psychology course during summer at the junior college just to rack up some credits (and to allow for more music electives at university). The instructor told two stories about classes that he took as a student:

1) One of the teachers profs was very, shall we say, effeminate, and every Friday he would give the class a "quizzy". His quizzies were about 100 problems long. After a few weeks of this, somebody said to the prof, "if this is a quizzy, I'd hate to see one of your testies!"

2) My psych teacher also took an anthropology class. At one point his prof told the class about a tribe in Africa who's men had the biggest, ahem, hardware. The prof went on and on about how they were the biggest when measured this way and that, in this state and that state...

All the while a buttoned-up woman in the class got more and more huffy. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore, got up and left, saying, 'well, I never!"

Just before she got out the door, the prof said, "you might as well sit down. The flight to Zimbabwe doesn't leave until tomorrow."

-JF

I'd like to answer that, but I think I'd get banned

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    I know exactly how you feel.
    -E

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Oh come on, really! Haven't you hoid of freedom of spinachsk? Hey Olivesk, it's me ... Popeye! Don'tcha remembersk me Olievesk? Well shiver me timbers ... Uck kuk kuk kuk!
    Styxx

Speaking of tests, is there anyone else out there that still has nightmares that they are back in college and they have a test the next day that they have not yet studied for (or a paper due that they have not started yet)?

I graduated 20 years ago and still have these nightmares (though not as often these days). I guess maybe I partied too much in college (is that possible?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lindsley
    Speaking of tests, is there anyone else out there that still has nightmares that they are back in college and they have a test the next day that they have not yet studied for (or a paper due that they have not started yet)?

I graduated 20 years ago and still have these nightmares (though not as often these days). I guess maybe I partied too much in college (is that possible?)
    I'll still live through that a couple times a semester. I try to study, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. (Perhaps it's this "too much" partying thing, I didn't think such a thing existed. )
    Tim

Oh Cripes! I had a theory professor that continued to pronounce out loud, "Most of you are going to crash and burn!" Consequently, I started having a recurring dream. I would be sitting near my dining room window looking out into the back yard and suddenly this huge prop engine airplane would crash into the back yard! I still can see it in my eyes mind and hear the sound it made!
    Needless to say this professor wasn't of the supportive encouraging type. Man was nuts ........... GRAB "EM! sorry, couldn't resist.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum