• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installation Trouble

Share/Bookmark

Installation Trouble

I tried e-mailing this to tech support a while back and never got a response, so I thought I would try here. Anyone could help, but I suspect that this is something only the garritan tech support staff can handle.

(Copy of original e-mail)
    Hello my name is Shase and I bought GPO when you guys were having that big sale a few weeks back. I am very happy with the program. Since I bought the program, I have also bought a laptop, and had to send my current computer to get repaired (at which point they reformatted my HD).

Anyways, I do notice that at times I have truoble installing the program on my computer and laptop. There have been times where I have had to uninstall the program, and I remember having installation trouble even the first time i tried to install it.

What happens is, it goes through the first two discs with a breeze, than at one point on the third disk it will display a message "the file E:\GPO_LI.NKS could not be found". But the file is there. I don't understand what is wrong. It is strange really. I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling everything, throwing the actual folder in the trash. Eventually if I keep trying to install, it will finally work, but normally it doesn't. I don't think it's my CD/DVD ROM drive, because everything else works fine on it.

Any help would be appreciated. I fear having something happen to my computer, and not being able to install the program, and having to spend all that money to rebuy the program, because I can't make the discs work.

Thank You,

- Shase Hernandez

Re: Installation Trouble

When you say you send an e-mail to tech support, did you send it directly to Gary ? The one time I needed tech support, I got an answer within a few minutes.

Actually, now I feel dumb, haha. I just checked and I sent it to supportatgarritan com. I shall try the other e-mail address. Thank you.

I could have sworn that I sent it to Gary directly. Hmmm...

shase,

The only email I received from you was:

Today - Monday, July 11, 2005 12:30 PM - about ten minutes ago

I will answer your email right away.

Gary Garritan

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gotstogetalifeya
    I tried e-mailing this to tech support a while back and never got a response, so I thought I would try here. Anyone could help, but I suspect that this is something only the garritan tech support staff can handle.

(Copy of original e-mail)
    Hello my name is Shase and I bought GPO when you guys were having that big sale a few weeks back. I am very happy with the program. Since I bought the program, I have also bought a laptop, and had to send my current computer to get repaired (at which point they reformatted my HD).

Anyways, I do notice that at times I have truoble installing the program on my computer and laptop. There have been times where I have had to uninstall the program, and I remember having installation trouble even the first time i tried to install it.

What happens is, it goes through the first two discs with a breeze, than at one point on the third disk it will display a message "the file E:\GPO_LI.NKS could not be found". But the file is there. I don't understand what is wrong. It is strange really. I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling everything, throwing the actual folder in the trash. Eventually if I keep trying to install, it will finally work, but normally it doesn't. I don't think it's my CD/DVD ROM drive, because everything else works fine on it.

Any help would be appreciated. I fear having something happen to my computer, and not being able to install the program, and having to spend all that money to rebuy the program, because I can't make the discs work.

Thank You,

- Shase Hernandez

I've been wondering what happened to you!

Richard

Hello Sir!

(please excuse me for going off topic here in the tech support center). A fellow (dare I say) Sibelius user. I didn't really think that anyone would notice my dissapearance off of the sib message boards.

Probably about 8 months ago I suffered a spontaneous pneumothorax (my left lung collapsed). It took me out for about a month and a half. I know this sounds silly, but it's taken me a long while to recover my lifestyle back, since I had to make up that month and a half of school work as well as redeveloping my lungs for my clarinet performances. I've been out of the composing loop for a while as well as just about everything else that isn't related to "education" so to say.

It's funny that you find me here, at this time. I was recently looking over you're scores (which I enjoy listening to and studying). Makes me feel good to know that someone remembers me, thanx!.

- Shase Hernandez

(Now if this isn't about my dissapearance, how embarrassed I shall be. And so I shall apologize in advanced)

Quote Originally Posted by gotstogetalifeya
    Hello Sir!

(Now if this isn't about my dissapearance, how embarrassed I shall be. And so I shall apologize in advanced)
    It is. But Sir is quite unnecessary. I know I am about 4 time your age, but informality is my usual rule. Richard will do nicely!

Richard

Go Back to forum