• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free Samples!!!

Share/Bookmark

Free Samples!!!

I've found free samples of orchestral instruments!! They're in AIFF format, and they're all there and free and just download them and they're yours!!

http://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/MIS.html

I'm gonna put them into Gigastudio when they're all downloaded and see what I come up with!

This is SO cool!!!

-Chris

Re: Free Samples!!!

Michiel Post already created some free giga files from a couple of these - a bass flute and, if I remember correctly, a bass trombone, perhaps even more. They might still be available. You could do a search for "Iowa" in the sample library discussion board.

I have the bass flute and it's extremely organic and real - but 2 seconds passes very quickly!

It would be great if someone could convert and host all of the Iowas one day.

Cheers
    Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dudley Simpson
    It would be great if someone could convert and host all of the Iowas one day.
    Ahem......

That's what I'm hoping to do. Get some practice making isntruments with gigaeditor! The only problem is that I don't know if I can cram all those instruments onto my host site. I might be limited to emailing the instruments to whoever's interested.

-Chris

Chris,
    Thanks for that.
    You may want to check with the makers of the samples before giving away instruments made form them. I can't see why they'd care, but I'm sure they'd like to know about it.

Just in case, y'know?

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Chris,
    Thanks for that.
    You may want to check with the makers of the samples before giving away instruments made form them. I can't see why they'd care, but I'm sure they'd like to know about it.

Just in case, y'know?

Belbin
    Well, it says on the site, and I quote

These recordings may be used freely without any restriction.
    But maybe I should tell them.

Thanks, Belbin!

-Chris

Nah, Dude. Sounds like you've got all the bases covered.....

Belbin

Go Back to forum