• Register
  • Help

Topic: grace period,registration,turn off,boot up

Share/Bookmark

grace period,registration,turn off,boot up

I would like to get some advice from those who have figured out ways of solving these types of GS3 problems : 1. program doesn't give grace period of ten days, forces one to register 2. registration process doesn't work 3.registration process works but then program can't install upgrade patch
    4.registration process works but then computer restarts intead of shutting off,
    or, computer won't shut off, or computer won't boot up (after installing and
    registering gigastudio).

Re: grace period,registration,turn off,boot up

I installed the 3.10 patch and then G3 automatically changed my registration number. So I sent it to Tascam to receive a new registration key and I was told that I could'nt get a new one because I already got five of them. I tried to restore my old license but naturally it failed.
    So I reinstalled G3 3.04. Fortunately it works.
    I'm invited to call Tascam support by phone but from France... and with my poor english...
    DV59

I understand and respect copy protection, but when it prevents legit paying customers from using the software, something is seriously wrong.

Having corresponded privately with another forum member about the issues of resgistration key dennial after 5 installations, I made sure to call tascam when I got that warning e-mail. The nice lady there set me up with 10 more registrations. If your english is poor, get a friend with better english to call for you, while you are present of course. They should help you.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Having corresponded privately with another forum member about the issues of resgistration key dennial after 5 installations, I made sure to call tascam when I got that warning e-mail. The nice lady there set me up with 10 more registrations. If your english is poor, get a friend with better english to call for you, while you are present of course. They should help you.

Belbin
    Yes, but who should be charged the $15-25 that the phone call will cost ? The unfortunate user, victim of those copy protection mistakes....
    Or Tascam ?
    This is just theory, because the day when Tascam is willing to refund those phone call expenses their system causes, is probably the day when I summit Everest without oxygen (one of my dreams, but not likely to happen)....
    As for myself, (i'm in France too) emails made the trick, but it took several days.
    I just hope that Tascam will eventually change the copy protection scheme ! (or be far more generous with registration #)

Quote Originally Posted by dv59
    I installed the 3.10 patch and then G3 automatically changed my registration number. So I sent it to Tascam to receive a new registration key and I was told that I could'nt get a new one because I already got five of them. I tried to restore my old license but naturally it failed.
    So I reinstalled G3 3.04. Fortunately it works.
    I'm invited to call Tascam support by phone but from France... and with my poor english...
    DV59

Had the same problem. Wrote an email to the support and as you suspect no email came back. I live in Austria and believe me I did not WANT to call them in the USA, but actually did it. It worked out and now I can register 6 more times, but hell... my phone bill aaaaarrghgh.I mean I had to wait at least 15 minutes. On the other way the woman I spoke to was really friendly

A week later I got an answer for my email with another registration number ?
    Strange. But at least I can work now.

I hope TASCAM reads the threads in here and respond in a more customerfriendly way.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Go Back to forum