• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Topic: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Will all these new instruments being added raise the price?

    What is the expected price at this point with the current instrumentage?

    Thanks,
    -Chris

  2. #2

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    I think that $499 was mentioned at some point, but I don't think that was firm. So I'd assume around $250 for current GPO owners.

    Just guessing here...
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

    "It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

  3. #3

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    I think that $499 was mentioned at some point, but I don't think that was firm. So I'd assume around $250 for current GPO owners.

    Just guessing here...
    Let's hope so. Between my new puter and that alone I can just barely afford the $250.

    Thanks,
    -Chris

  4. #4

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Chris,

    Gary and the team have been trying very hard to keep that $499 figure. Just like Standard GPO has been a real value and imho, a bargain at $249, GPOA will be worth every bit of that $499.

    The original three tiered plan always gave upgrade paths to the lower two for the GPOA.


    Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  5. #5

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Chris,

    Gary and the team have been trying very hard to keep that $499 figure. Just like Standard GPO has been a real value and imho, a bargain at $249, GPOA will be worth every bit of that $499.

    The original three tiered plan always gave upgrade paths to the lower two for the GPOA.


    Jerry Wickham
    Yes, GPO was a terrific bargin and GPOA will definently have lots of bang for the buck. I can't wait!!

  6. #6

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Yes, GPO was a terrific bargin and GPOA will definently have lots of bang for the buck. I can't wait!!
    Me Neither!! I am SO looking forward to it. I have some pieces that will be taking advantage of having GOS2 integrated into GPOA.

    (drooling)

    Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  7. #7

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    ...that will be taking advantage of having GOS2 integrated into GPOA.
    WHAT???

    What's GOS2?
    Is Gary making a new GOS?
    Is there going to be GOS2 instruments in GPOA?
    Does that mean more solo string patches?

    YAY!!!!!

    -Chris

  8. #8

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Yes, GPO was a terrific bargin and GPOA will definently have lots of bang for the buck. I can't wait!!

    While on the subject of GPOA, can anyone answer a question I posted earlier please?

    "Will the current samples in GPO remain unchanged in GPOA or is everything being enhanced? I understand new brass is anticipated along with additional articulations and new instruments but I’m particularly curious about the existing short / sus section strings.".

    I want to avoid spending too much time tweaking my scores for playback if all the instruments will change in GPOA.

    Thanks, Graham

  9. #9

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    WHAT???

    What's GOS2?
    Is Gary making a new GOS?
    Is there going to be GOS2 instruments in GPOA?
    Does that mean more solo string patches?

    YAY!!!!!

    -Chris
    Yes Chris,

    GOS2 is being integrated into GPOA. More solo string patches, more effects (col legno, etc), more choices! All with the playability of the GPO player you are used to. (and enhanced playing features that were available with GOS will also be there - but programmed for the Kontakt player). And that is just the strings!!!

    OF course, until it is released all this is conjecture - but it has been stated several times here that GOS2 was being integrated into GPOA.

    Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  10. #10

    Re: Sorry to start another GPOA thread, but...

    Graham, to my current understanding, GPOA is noting but additions to the library. The current library will remain untouched, just more articulations, instruments, etc. will be added!

    Jerry, THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!

    -Chris

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •