• Register
  • Help

Topic: PCR-50

Share/Bookmark

PCR-50

How many of you use this (if anyone) controller? I picked one up at a steal and there was no USB cable does it matter or can I send control knob and slider information via midi? Also, in getting a USB cable is there a specific one?
    Thanks.
    Styxx

Re: PCR-50

I don't use this controller, but when you take a look at the PCR-50 page, it doesn't mention MIDI ports under system requirements, but it does mention USB ports as a "must have". They even call the PCR-50 a MIDI device at the bottom of the page. So I suspect the MIDI ports are only for communication with other MIDI equipment. In that case you will need a USB cable with a type B plug in one end and a type A plug in the other - both Male.

Re: PCR-50

Hi,

I've got the PCR-80 and I don't use the USB-ports on it. I've connected it via a midi-interface to my computer. My sequencer/synth etc. responds to all the faders, knobs and filters... Why use USB when you have good old midicables?

Thumbs up Re: PCR-50

Hey thank you both for the most informative replies! I shall give the midi a try first. Thanks again.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum