• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Woodwinds

Share/Bookmark

GPO Woodwinds

Hi everyone. Lately all I've been writing is powerful action pieces played by only strings, brass, and percussion. I hardly ever write for woodwinds because most of the ones I work with in the Navy aren't too great or are mainly jazz players. But GPO solves those problems! So here's a little diddy that's all woodwinds. I just did this tonight and it's not nearly done so I'll keep updating it. Hope you enjoy!

Brian

http://www.sadlersongs.com/woodwinds.wma

Re: GPO Woodwinds

heya,

this is excellent! havn't heard yet the gpo woodwinds in that convincing stacc form!

nice one!

Good, tight writing, Brian! I love your musical humor. More! More!

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by sadlersongs123
    Hi everyone. Lately all I've been writing is powerful action pieces played by only strings, brass, and percussion. I hardly ever write for woodwinds because most of the ones I work with in the Navy aren't too great or are mainly jazz players. But GPO solves those problems! So here's a little diddy that's all woodwinds. I just did this tonight and it's not nearly done so I'll keep updating it. Hope you enjoy!

Brian

http://www.sadlersongs.com/woodwinds.wma
    Brian,

Very witty! It builds well - will this be part of something larger, or a short scherzo type of movement?

One suggestion - it sounds as though the instruments are doubled; perhaps offsetting the attacks a bit in places would make it more realistic. Your articulation control is very good.

Nice work!

R. Pearl

This is thoroughly amazing! Loved the flute, excellent use of counterpoint. It's begging (I'm begging) to be developed. Great work.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Wonderful - all it needs is a tutti ending on a chord cluster - like an aural Raspberry

Fred

Go Back to forum