• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Has anybody tried to convert EWQSLO to other formats?

Share/Bookmark

Has anybody tried to convert EWQSLO to other formats?

I was wondering if anybody has succesfully converted the EWQLSO to other formats? Since so many people seem to have problems with Kompakt/Kontakt engine in Mac/Logic, there must be someone that's tried it? Recording each sample would be quite easy(allthough time consuming), but then to reprogram all the patches in your favorite sampler would be a little tricky I guess, but It can be done.....

Why can't they start selling EWQLSO for EXS24/Giga??

/
    Philo

Re: Has anybody tried to convert EWQSLO to other formats?

You can't convert them because they are tied to the player.

KiteKrazy,
    I know they are tied to the player, but It is still possible to record each sample and do your own patches in any sampler of preference.

/
    Philo

Possible? Yes.
    Legal? No.
    Logical? No.

Your time would be better spent making Kompakt run correctly on your machine, others are using EWQSLO without problems so you should be able to fix whatever is keeping you from using it in the player.

Or buy an "open-source" library that can be freely converted with Translator or something.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Why can't they start selling EWQLSO for EXS24/Giga??

hmmmm.....let me give you a hint to that one.....ready.........copy protection!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Alan,

First, I don't own the EWQLSO Gold yet. I'm still on Advanced Orchestra, but my plan is to buy a new library. Why would it be unlegal? If I buy the library I must be able to use on any platform that I like. I don't se what the problem would be as long as I only use it?

The reason why I'm asking questions is because I hear alot of MAC/Logic 7 people complaining about white/pink noise, cut off notes etc. Before I buy It I need to know that It is working. I have tried VSL, but I don't think that's what I want, even though It works perfectly with EXS24.

What about Sonic Implants. I like the demos. Sounds like they are not as close up and dry as VSL?

The dream setup would be EWQLSO with EXS24.....

Well, could'nt they make a copy protection for EXS24, using the authorization key or something? There msut be some way they can protect it?

They could....but they didn't!

The reason why I'm asking questions is because I hear alot of MAC/Logic 7 people complaining about white/pink noise, cut off notes etc. Before I buy It I need to know that It is working. I have tried VSL, but I don't think that's what I want, even though It works perfectly with EXS24.

I have QLSO Gold and it runs just peachy with Logic 7.1 on my G5. I never had any issues with it and certainly no white/pink noise problems.

Personally I think that one or two people report issues while the majority of users are as happy as can be....unfortunately the good stories don't get reported. I also love EXS24, and have converted all of my Giga stuff in EXS24 format, but I can assure you that you'll be a satisfied puppy with the EWQLSO version in Logic!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Go with Sonic Implants or VSL. They respect you as an end user who needs to have flexibility and mission critical functionality.

Any of these tools are more than adequate for their purpose, so support those whose values align with those you express!!

Kays,

Thanks for those words. You are probably right that the things that DO work do not get mentioned as often as the things that don't on these forums...but, the things that people complain about are kinda scary. Check out the Kontakt/EWQLSO forums and you will see what I mean. Everybody's talking about DFD settings?

Are you using EWQLSO with Kompakt or Kontakt? I would'nt mind using the patches "TKT" for Kontakt 2 (the demos sound great). Also, do you use it as a multiinstrument in Logic or do you load 1 sample per Instance? If I do get EWQLSO I think I would also get Kontakt 2 and maybe setup 16 instruments multi.

/
    Philo

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast