• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: MOTU DP 4.6 w/ Spectrasonics VI

Share/Bookmark

MOTU DP 4.6 w/ Spectrasonics VI

I have not installed this new upgrade yet, being naturally cautious. I use RTAS versions of Stylus RMX/Atmosphere/Trilogy on a G5 dual 2.0 OSX 10.3.7 w/ 2.5 GB RAM under DAE. 4.6 lets you put a Spectrasonics VI's on an instrument track which is nice.

There were graphics redraw problems in 4.52... has anyone tried the update and seen if these problems were resolved in 4.6?

Re: MOTU DP 4.6 w/ Spectrasonics VI

Just downloaded it yesterday. I will give it a whirl tomorrow with my Spectrasonics plugs. The V rack looks really interesting! I'll post any info that I find. I have Atmosphere, Stylus RMX and Trilogy. Although I have been using Atmosphere and Trilogy with a AU/VST wrapper.

Peace

Rik

Quote Originally Posted by balsampillow
    There were graphics redraw problems in 4.52... has anyone tried the update and seen if these problems were resolved in 4.6?
    Close the Performance window and that should take care of most of them.

spectrum

Unicornation reports problems with the V-Rack, but RMX was fine, and Trilogy was not. Any word on Atmosphere?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Likely to be the same with Atmosphere.

What specifically is the reported problem?

spectrum

Trilogy Not Found. Apparently something similar may happen with Atmosphere, but not RMX. I'm just quoting from the UN site, FWIW...
    Dasher
    -------

My interesting DP4.6 Atmosphere story is that on the installation of DP4.6, I decided to delete the AU cache after the install, repaired permissions, restarted and when DP4.6 rescanned all the AU plugs, I found out that Atmosphere had to be re-authorized and it now had a new challenge number. So...I went through the challenge response procedure again and then the AU scan completed and now Atmosphere works fine. Aside from the still present need to click on the hardware device tab which reloads all the V.Is.

Other than having to re-authorize Atmosphere...it works now in my DP4.6 running OS 10.3.9. I have just never had to re-authorize Atmosphere before despite having deleted the DP 4.5 AU cache many times before.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Are the "not found" and Atmosphere authorization problems mentioned above only with AU or are they also affect RTAS in DAE?

Thanks for the tip Eric, I've been doing that but was wondering if MOTU addressed the problem on their end.

The reference on Unicornation is for AU - RTAS is not discussed in any thread that I read earlier, though if iyou check it out, there is a 10-page (as of 6 hours ago, could be longer now) thread discussing the new update - most users oohing and aahing...
    Dasher
    -------

MOTU's update is great! Especially since they did not charge for it! There are a lot of new features!

Peace

Rik

Go Back to forum