• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'll trade you Styxx!

Share/Bookmark

I'll trade you Styxx!

You can have the &%$*&*%$#!@_*! hurricanes and I'll take your snowstorms and "cabin fever"...

See y'all on the other side!
    ;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Re: I'll trade you Styxx!

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    You can have the &%$*&*%$#!@_*! hurricanes and I'll take your snowstorms and "cabin fever"...

See y'all on the other side!
    ;-)
    jim
    My friend, I offer you my humble apologies and anytime you need to just get away from it all, you are welcome here anytime! I love Florida and always have. I have many friends who moved there and are now putting up with the same. But, for some reason they when asked when they will come back the reply, "never!" Maybe they are totally out of their minds finally.
    Jim, if there can be anything I can do just ask! I must be honest with you. Since this hurricane season started I've been thinking about all my Southern friends and somehow feeling the frustration.
    Hang in there buddy and please stay in touch!
    Humbly yours....
    Styxx

SouthportJim! How are you are you safe? Thinking about you and all my Floridian friends during this ridiculous but unavoidable early hurricane season. I pray this will be the last of the severe for quite some time to come. Our thoughts are with you! Stay safe!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    SouthportJim! How are you are you safe?
    Hey Styxx,

Everything's ok down here. Luckily the really strong portions of the storm were tightly packed around the center, so even though it had 140mph winds they didn't extend out very far. And there was little tornado activity, unlike Hurricane Ivan last year that spawned 22 tornadoes in Bay County alone. Best of all, no reports of deaths so far (at least not here...it had already killed 20 people in Cuba and the Carribean).

So we were pretty lucky with this one!

;-)

Hey Styxx,

Everything's ok down here. Luckily the really strong portions of the storm were tightly packed around the center, so even though it had 140mph winds they didn't extend out very far. And there was little tornado activity, unlike Hurricane Ivan last year that spawned 22 tornadoes in Bay County alone. Best of all, no reports of deaths so far (at least not here...it had already killed 20 people in Cuba and the Carribean).

So we were pretty lucky with this one!

;-)
    Now that's what I like to hear!
    Styxx

Wink Re: I'll trade you Styxx!

Oh Jimmy boy 'ol buddy 'ol Southern most friend! Still want to trade? Tell you what, when winter comes let's swap locations during January.
    Just kidding! Not trying to belittle the situation down there but I am going to send you some snow this winter!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Not trying to belittle the situation down there but I am going to send you some snow this winter!
    I'll take you up on that...too bad you can't send down some snow in August when it's really needed!

It's funny, all the folks I've known from up north really hated the winters and were happy to leave them behind, but having lived most of my life in places with only two seasons (hot and hotter) I would love to have a real fall and winter. I was up in Boston for three years in the early 90's and liked it a lot...Indian Summers were like a special gift from God.

I guess the "grass is always greener on the other side"...

;-)

I'll take you up on that...too bad you can't send down some snow in August when it's really needed!

It's funny, all the folks I've known from up north really hated the winters and were happy to leave them behind, but having lived most of my life in places with only two seasons (hot and hotter) I would love to have a real fall and winter. I was up in Boston for three years in the early 90's and liked it a lot...Indian Summers were like a special gift from God.

I guess the "grass is always greener on the other side"...

;-)
    Yes, it's always the way. The change of seasons is nice no doubt but the winter tends to get very cold and long about ten months altogether. This summer has been awesome so far with temperatures up into the 90's and evenings down into the 60's or 50's. I am a hot weather person by nature. I lived in Clearwater for nine months in the seventies until my mother had cancer surgery. I went back to Beeffalo then and never returned to Florida since except for the occasional vacation. (Too few and far between). Like I said, I don't mind the change of seasons and fall is one of the best! But, winter should subside after December 25! Things get so dirty, brown, and rusty looking!
    Anywho, I am happy to hear you are in good spirits. If you’re ever in this area please look me up! We'll go sledding.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum