• Register
  • Help

Topic: naming User patches in Spectrasonics VIs?

Share/Bookmark

Question naming User patches in Spectrasonics VIs?

would it be possible to provide this as an update, please?

Thanks

Nigel

Re: naming User patches in Spectrasonics VIs?

If you want to rename the part or multi, just rename the file from explorer/finder, then you'll see the new name the next time you start up RMX. Is that what you mean?

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    If you want to rename the part or multi, just rename the file from explorer/finder, then you'll see the new name the next time you start up RMX. Is that what you mean?

- Glenn
    actually, no....and I didn't mean RMX which has a different interface to the other Spectra VIs.

In Logic( I don't know about other hosts) you can only save your Atmosphere edits in Logic's "save settings" function (as a .pst plugin setting).

I would like Atmosphere to have its own save function/button, so that my edits could appear in Atmosphere's own menu.

Hope this makes sense!

Is it a feasible update, Eric, please?

Thanks

Nigel

It's not possible to do with Atmosphere and Trilogy.

All our future instruments will have this ability, in the same way that Stylus RMX already does.

spectrum

Eric, does this mean that any projected future major updates to Atmosphere and Trilogy (like Stylus to RMX, not v1 to 1.2) will also not be able to save? (I'm not asking for proprietary info, just clarification...)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Talking Re: naming User patches in Spectrasonics VIs?

Yes, you are!... LOL! :-D

There seem to be a lot of misunderstandings on this issue. To clarify the current situation:

There have been NO ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MAJOR UPDATES of any kind (projected or not) for Atmosphere or Trilogy. I don't ever discuss specifics of what we are going to do - or are NOT going to do - regarding any major future development on forums until something's been announced by the company. That's something that a lot of other developers do here on NS, but Spectrasonics doesn't do that.

Everyone wishing and hoping for certain things is not the same as an announcement from the company. It's really cool that we have so much support and many excited users, but don't interpret their wishes as reality.

My answer to the thread question is correct.

Here's what I will tell you:

• We are working on extremely cool things for the future.

• They will likely surprise you.

All the best,

spectrum :-D

Thumbs up Re: naming User patches in Spectrasonics VIs?

Eric, it's very refreshing that you (Spectrasonics as well as EP personally) bring honesty, modesty and a specific frankness to this VI game.

Some other manufacturers (big ones too, who we don't need to name) sometimes let their excitement (or, more cynically, desire to promote) get ahead of developing and ***delivering!**** a rock-solid product.

Those who pay -in time, frustration, support emailing and pre-order dollars are we, the users...occasionally a bit too blue-eyed and hopeful ourselves, to be truthful...

anyway.....just keep on doing it *your* way! it *is* appreciated.

Nigel

(...but it is a pity that I can't name my Atmosphere User patches hehheh :-)))))

Go Back to forum