• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Virtual Instruments Magazine - higher-res PDF available for download

Share/Bookmark

Virtual Instruments Magazine - higher-res PDF available for download

We now have a better PDF up for subscribers to download at http://www.VirtualInstrumentsMag.com/members/. The screen dumps and all of the ads (sorry Michiel and Gary!) are now legible, the page numbers are correct, and the "continued on page..." articles now have links you can click on.

While the size has increased into the 12MB range, we think this is probably the best balance between quality and size.

The print version is shipping to subscribers today and will be on a newsstand near you shortly.

Re: Virtual Instruments Magazine - higher-res PDF available for download

Looks beautiful.

Thanks again for your help, Señor Joseph.

Hi Nick,

i'm a subscriber, how do i get access? I received an order confirmation email, but don't recall being asked to choose a username or password at any point and the email did not include one.

Thanks!

I clicked on the link, put in my user name and password and was directed to the download link. The first time, I clicked it and it started to open in Reader, then froze (not still downloading, just frozen.) So I tried to download it, and got a 12.4mb pdf file, but if I try to open it Reader freezes... and after 3 minutes or so, says "There was an error processing a page. Could not find the XObject named '%s'." This make any sense to anyone?

Really dig the magazine (lo-res version). I'm making myself hold off on some things 'till the print edition arrives, but what I've read so far makes it hard.

This one-page version is great! Now I can finally read it without any mouse fiddling :-)

Nick,

I'm downloading as we speak. You want to get the file size on the download page (7.6 MB pdf) changed to reflect the new version. (No big deal!)

Thanks for all your work. It is appreciated.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I've grabbed the new version, and it is great. Now the formatting makes sense for on screen reading. Now, if I could only balance my 21" monitor on my lap, while sitting on the throne . . . .
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lougheed
    I've grabbed the new version, and it is great. Now the formatting makes sense for on screen reading. Now, if I could only balance my 21" monitor on my lap, while sitting on the throne . . . .
    ...I think I may need another Gimlet to wash this image out of my brain

When you're all through, Lougheed, could you please 'splane me what you mean about changing the file size? It's 12MB, the old one was 7.xMB, but I don't quite understand what needs to change.

MikeGraybill, the only thing I can think of is that you may need a new version of Acrobat Reader, because the file seems to be working fine. Please try here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html

jloeb, if you click on this link it should get you directly where you sign up for the account: http://www.VirtualInstrumentsMag.com/members/

Let me know if that doesn't work and we'll sort it out.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast