• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need advice regarding Kontakt 2 and DAWs

Share/Bookmark

Need advice regarding Kontakt 2 and DAWs

Hi everyone. I have recently purchased Gigastudio 3 Orchestra and for the last several weeks I have been trying to design a high-end DAW to use it on. So far I am finding that Tascam is very iffy on exactly what processors (dual core, dual opteron) does Giga work with and take advantage of, does it support hyperthreading or not, etc.

I'm getting really frustrated and I'm starting to consider whether it would be wise to sell my Giga on ebay (it's brand new) and buy Kontakt 2 instead. This will be my first venture into software samplers. I will be using Sonar 4 PE as well but mostly it will be used for live sample streaming.

What can you folks tell me about Kontakt 2 regarding support for dual core processors, dual processor configurations, etc. Can Kontakt 2 take advantage of SATA II support (3Gb/s - NCQ, TCQ, etc).

What do you people think the ideal DAW configuration is for running Kontakt 2? Money is an issue but not until it really gets excessive (like over $3500).

All advice, comments, ideas are welcome. I need opinions from people who use these products and who use DAWs to run them on.

Rob

Re: Need advice regarding Kontakt 2 and DAWs

Quote Originally Posted by goldberg96
    What do you people think the ideal DAW configuration is for running Kontakt 2? Money is an issue but not until it really gets excessive (like over $3500).

All advice, comments, ideas are welcome. I need opinions from people who use these products and who use DAWs to run them on.
    Rob
    Holy crap! You can build a main DAW AND two outboard PCs to run samples on for $3500.

Check out this thread in another forum:

DAW specs (under $1K)
    Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

Go Back to forum