• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Hi all,

    I just finished these two funk jazz demos for the Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection library. I mainly focused on the D6 clavinet which has a wide range of expression (from low slapping to high bitting sounds)

    http://www.decamusic.com/the_perform...n_da_house.mp3


    I used the Halion free version of Imperial drums (limited velocities) on this one, Scarbee Finger’n’Slap finger patch for bass, Scarbee Pianet, several patches of the Scarbee D6 and a little bit of Stylus RMX to spice up the rhythm tracks. Most of the fx editing was done using the Scarbee Vintage Keyboard plugin.


    http://www.decamusic.com/the_perform.../Moving_On.mp3

    For this tune, I used Scarbee Finger’n’Slap finger patch for bass, the Scarbee D6 clavinet, Stylus RMX for the drums and percs. Most of the fx editing was done using the Scarbee Vintage Keyboard plugin as well.


    The possibilities of the Scarbee D6 clavinet are endless: aside from the cool clavinet sounds of the 70’s, it can also sound like the funkiest guitar on the planet! (Moving On)

    My only concern about the demos is that I just moved to a new home and my 12 x 11 mixing room hasn't been sound optimized yet. The sound in there is less than ideal at that point and these mixes might have flaws...

    Happy funk!

  2. #2

    Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Quote Originally Posted by P de Caumette
    My only concern about the demos is that I just moved to a new home and my 12 x 11 mixing room hasn't been sound optimized yet. The sound in there is less than ideal at that point and these mixes might have flaws...
    Nice demos!

    And, yes, the mix is a bit weak in the lower and low-mid frequencies. Your new room may be boomier than the previous one. If you have headphones, you might A/B these demos with some of your previous works.

    Still, the D6 sounds great, and the playing/style fits nicely.

    -JF

  3. #3

    Talking Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Nice one Patrick,

    Yeah - the clav can beused for many different things!
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

    www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

  4. #4

    Smile Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Hi Patrick,

    Cool demos!
    I love the great funk tunes!
    My two-years-old son is dancing here.

    Akihito Okawa

  5. #5

    Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Jon, thanks!

    It is a weird feeling to start working in a new room, especially one that isn't tuned yet. This room is definetely boomy at this point and hopefully, within the next 2 weeks I should have that under control...
    Thanks for your good advice

    Thomas,
    you know I love your stuff.
    Coolest collection this side of the universe

    Akihito,
    thank you so much. The fact that your son danced to my demos is the best compliment I could hope for!

  6. #6

    Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Quote Originally Posted by P de Caumette
    I mainly focused on the D6 clavinet which has a wide range of expression (from low slapping to high bitting sounds)
    Patrick, your D6 is so punchy! I'm fighting with it for weeks - can't get it percussive, with strong attack. What program did you use in "Moving on"? How did you process the sound? Any compression?
    Thanks,
    KGB owner.
    sfiks

  7. #7

    Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Patrick,

    GREAT JOB...so funky, I'm bouncing in my swivel chair listening to this funk.
    I like the subtle stops in the demos. Even the drums sounded great..

    congrats to you and Scarbee...

    Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

    http://AlanRussell-Music.com

  8. #8

    Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Hey thanks Alan!

    at our age, shaking around is a good thing, it unclogs our arteries

    The combition of Scarbee's clavinet, bass and drums is killer.
    I didn't use the RSP73 or Wurli because I had already writen for them but this KGB package is an incredible collection!

    Hi Sficks,
    because there are so many different pickup combinations included in the D6, you might have overlooked D6C-DB (both pickups) which gives you the fuller sound.
    It is sometimes usefull to choose the upper pickup or the 2 pickups out of phase when you have a secondary line that needs to cut through the mix but needs to stay in the background...

    In Moving On, the main riff is played using the D6C DB Flanged 13V.
    Another preset that I like for its fullness is Ruscho.
    Actually they are all good and give you these different tones, great for so many different genres.
    You can even get the D6 to sound like an harpsichord
    I compressed the Clav using Voxengo Crunchessor on somes patches. I also used the UAD1 1176 on some others but the punch was already there before compressing..

  9. #9

    Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    Quote Originally Posted by P de Caumette
    you might have overlooked D6C-DB (both pickups) which gives you the fuller sound.
    It is sometimes usefull to choose the upper pickup or the 2 pickups out of phase when you have a secondary line that needs to cut through the mix but needs to stay in the background...

    In Moving On, the main riff is played using the D6C DB Flanged 13V.
    Another preset that I like for its fullness is Ruscho.
    Actually they are all good and give you these different tones, great for so many different genres.
    You can even get the D6 to sound like an harpsichord
    I compressed the Clav using Voxengo Crunchessor on somes patches. I also used the UAD1 1176 on some others but the punch was already there before compressing..
    Thanks for the info! D6C DB Flanged 13V still doesn't sound as good as yours
    sfiks

  10. #10

    Re: New Scarbee D6 clavinet demos

    It's all in the touch!

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •