• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso series strings - which format to choose?

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter Virtuoso series strings - which format to choose?

Hey ya all!

Have not been around on this forum for quite a while now and I came across a topic saying that Kirk Hunter's having a "garage-sale".
    I've heard that the virtuoso series strings have a pretty "brutal" or aggressive sound, which is just what I look for, and $59 for a complete stringlibrary ain't that bad either...

Now my question is, I use Kontakt 2 to playback sample libs, so, what format would serve me best and most important, which format will make the best translation into Kontakt?

I would guess that from my point of view it stands between the Giga- or Roland-format.
    I should therefore mention that I have an old XV-5080 that I sometimes use to ease my computers cpu (got quite a few old roland libs) . The only thing is, I have bad experience with roland translation into kontakt. Would a program like chickensys or cdextract (was it?) help me there and do a better job than Kontakts 2's translating? I've been thinking of buying a translator program for a while now. I want to use my old roland libs in my computer-setup...

So what would it be, Roland or Giga?

Re: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso series strings - which format to choose?

I have used cdxtrakt with roland samples with success......
    My roland strings mix well with GPO, KH, and other string sets....

"I've heard that the virtuoso series strings have a pretty "brutal" or aggressive sound"

It's been several years since I worked with KH's Virtuoso String Library (in my Kurzweil sampler) but I do not recall the samples being brutal or aggressive. Has new programming been added?

His Solo Srings Library certainly has a more aggressive edge.

Take note: these are different libraries.

Marko

I have both Roland and Kurzweil versions.

Don't buy the Roland. Not because it's not good but because it's only two CDs unlike the other versions.

Go Back to forum