• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic Pro 7 on MAC/ Gigastudio 3 and VSL with Performance Tool on PC

Share/Bookmark

Logic Pro 7 on MAC/ Gigastudio 3 and VSL with Performance Tool on PC

Hello all,
    I have a G5 Power Mac running Logic pro 7.1 with a RME Fireface 800 interface attached. I also have a P4 3.7Ghz PC with 2gb of RAM with a RME Multiface attached. I want to buy Gigastudio3 and VSL Pro but have been a little hesitate. I want to buy GS3 because of how powerful that sampler/software is and the gerat libraries that come in giga format are great also. So with that, I will run VSL Pro for GS3 but the problem is, "How will I connect everything so that Logic Pro 7 will be able to send data to GS3 and the Performance tool? Also, what is the best way to transfer all the "audio" from GS3/VSL Performance Tool to the mac? What are my options?

Thanks

Re: Logic Pro 7 on MAC/ Gigastudio 3 and VSL with Performance Tool on PC

You just run lightpipe out of the Giga machine into the Mac. You should run a separate line from one machine to the other for clock, either SPDIF or word clock. Finally, hook up MIDI out from the Mac to MIDI in on the Giga machine. Or better yet use MIDI Over LAN (www.musiclab.com) for more MIDI ports.

Then in the Logic Environment you create an Input object for each of the Giga output pairs, and they come up in your mixer just like anything else. Or you can use the new External Instrument plug-in on an Instrument track, which has the advantage that you're using only one track for both audio and MIDI. Just do a real-time bounce when you're done mixing.

Re: Logic Pro 7 on MAC/ Gigastudio 3 and VSL with Performance Tool on PC

Thank you so much for your time and information. It really help me alot.

Thanks again.

Go Back to forum