• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giovani to GS3-translation issue

Share/Bookmark

Giovani to GS3-translation issue

Really geared to Frank, but anyone who has made this work...

I received Giovani last night (Kontact.) Tried to run Translator (I'll be posting this on both general and ChickenSys forums) to convert to Giga, but no matter how far I drill down (individual patch) after processing, I get a series of error dialogs that just loop forever:

SubregionAmt: 1
    READY CHECK OUT
    CHECK NOW

Does anyone know what this means, and how to avoiod it, or fix it?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: Giovani to GS3-translation issue

Dasher,

I have no idea what that means. But Giovani will be in Giga before the end of the month if nothing goes wrong. I can understand your excitement to play right away, but waiting for a Giga version might save you a ton of headaches. We posted from day one that a Giga version would be coming and the same sale will be run at that time.

I'm sure Garth will be able to answer your error problem. Best of luck with Translator, I hope you can get it going...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

The new Translator build with the Advanced Conversion Engine to Giga will be up very shortly, even today (Tue Jul 7 2005). That helps this issue, if not completely makes it.

The workaround for now would be to turn off the Advanced Conversion Engine in the Giga tab, but that isn't going to help the Kontakt-> conversions.

Build 89 is what you want, keep checking for it.

The Advanced Conversion Engine with Translator is the absolute best for conversions into Giga - see the Chicken Systems web site for more details. It handles the most complex stuff that EXS or Kontakt or HALion can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Really geared to Frank, but anyone who has made this work...

I received Giovani last night (Kontact.) Tried to run Translator (I'll be posting this on both general and ChickenSys forums) to convert to Giga, but no matter how far I drill down (individual patch) after processing, I get a series of error dialogs that just loop forever:

SubregionAmt: 1
    READY CHECK OUT
    CHECK NOW

Does anyone know what this means, and how to avoiod it, or fix it?
    Yeah - what Alan said

Not sure why the Kontakt version was purchased but nonetheless - contact us and we will swap out (small fee) a GS3 when ready. This is not an option for those who want the GS3 version today. GS3 Version of Giovani is now in production. End of the month is the goal for retail ready. This goal also includes a Tiger/OSX version of VCU.

Thanks much,
    FB
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Hi Frank,

Will the GS3 version have any special programming or impulses, or is it limited to the standard velocity/mod-wheel/keyswitches kind of thing. I'm not implying that standard gig programming isn't adequate. I'm wondering if there is anything above and beyond.

BTW, the Giovani demos sound absolutely great. You have a very desirable product on your hands!

-JF

Arrow Re: Giovani to GS3-translation issue

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Hi Frank,

Will the GS3 version have any special programming or impulses, or is it limited to the standard velocity/mod-wheel/keyswitches kind of thing. I'm not implying that standard gig programming isn't adequate. I'm wondering if there is anything above and beyond.

BTW, the Giovani demos sound absolutely great. You have a very desirable product on your hands!

-JF
    Thank you Jon.

The best way I can answer your question is to say that each initial release is identical. This does not mean that the GS3 version is a simple import and save - not at all. The GS3 version of Giovani is being created with the utmost of care and by hand.

We do not want for any one format to have an "out of the box" advantage. We want the playing field to be even and then offer massive and creative updates per format.

We have a round of Kontakt/GS3 updates planed that will have a focal point on "Composer's EQ" as well as making use of the supplied REDEEMER CHURCH IRF.

Francis Belardino
    Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if there might be some opportunity for improved legato with iMIDI in GS3, and scripting for K2. I haven't dug deeply into the new legato and 7-pole filter in GS3.1 yet, but it looks interesting.

I love that I can do custom programming in GS3 for my own use. I can focus on the quality of your samples (which sound wonderful), knowing that if I want it programmed differently, I can always choose to give the work order to myself.

All the best with Giovani!

-JF

Thanks for the answers, folks. i bought the Kontact version because I have a project ready to master that really needed that choir (the soundfont I'm using just isn't what I wanted...) and I had no reason to suspect Translator wouldn't handle it. didn't really need all the advanced functions, just a great-sounding boys' choir. But I will wait, thanks.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum