• Register
  • Help

Topic: The GPO included reverb: Ambience

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up The GPO included reverb: Ambience

Hi All,
    Many of you are like me and always searching for that nice, not overpowering reverb sound for orchestral work. Well, I had not used the included Ambience plugin much before so I decided to really give it a listen. This thing has an amazing sound! Great choice Gary. I did a little tweaking so here is a simple way to get a rich sound.
    1) Open Ambience and choose the 'Church' preset.
    2) Change 'TIME' to 1640
    3) Change 'Damping' to 21%

Enjoy!
    Chris

Re: The GPO included reverb: Ambience

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    Hi All,
    Many of you are like me and always searching for that nice, not overpowering reverb sound for orchestral work. Well, I had not used the included Ambience plugin much before so I decided to really give it a listen. This thing has an amazing sound! Great choice Gary. I did a little tweaking so here is a simple way to get a rich sound that to me, rivals the Loxicon I have and was a decent replacement for the Convolution I was using in Logic (on DP now).
    1) Open Ambience and choose the 'Church' preset.
    2) Change 'TIME' to 1640
    3) Change 'Damping' to 21%

Enjoy!
    Chris
    Hi Chris. Thanks. I guess the permutations are endless so it's good to hear when someone stumbles across something they like. I'll give this setting a try when I get home. Roberto (oboe demo) has also e-mailed me his reverb settings as he managed to create a really good orchestral effect with his demo. I've been using 'ballroom 1' which I rather like - but I guess it's time to experiment.

Thanks, I will print this out for future reference.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

This is a bit of a dumb question, but where do you choose these presets - I'm too blind to see it on the Ambience interface.

steve

Chris,
    Thanks for this. It reminds me that there is an excellent article (actually in 2 parts) in Sound On Sound that discusses reverb and gives a good explanation of the effects of the various reverb parameters.
    Bill

Glad you guys find it useful. I use Ambience on the PC and occasionly on the Mac. (I keep writing my music in Logic so I just use the convolution plugin).
    Speaking of...Gary, when is that library being released?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    Glad you guys find it useful. I use Ambience on the PC and occasionly on the Mac. (I keep writing my music in Logic so I just use the convolution plugin).
    Speaking of...Gary, when is that library being released?
    Chris
    The "Real Spaces" library? We added some more great spaces. It will probably be released when we stop adding spaces.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    It will probably be released when we stop adding spaces.

Gary Garritan
    Ha Ha Ha Gary you kill me what a riot.

Chris, it's great that you have experimented with Ambience reverb,
    it does sound very nice.

Dan

Go Back to forum