• Register
  • Help

Topic: May I ask where to get the newest GPO Update?

Share/Bookmark

May I ask where to get the newest GPO Update?

I normally don't make threads for things that seem blatantly obvious, but I read in Tom's sticky threads about a GPO Update from "last fall". The PDF file of the update confirmed that I definitely don't have the functionality of the new version. Now, in the updates page for GPO, there's nothing that seems like that might be the update I'm looking for. Maybe the "Kontakt Player" update. If so, I'm having a lot of trouble getting it. I can't recall my user name and password from when I first registered GPO, so I can't log in. I have my serial number and completed the registration tool and everything, so there should be some way to get that update... if it even IS the update I'm looking for.

Help would be appreciated. ^^

Re: May I ask where to get the newest GPO Update?

It's version 1.1.0.04 of the standalone GPO player you need. It seems to be gone from Gary's site now, but you should still be able to get it from NI. If you lost your username and password, I guess you will have to contact support at NI to get help.

I've heard sending an email to NI is no more successful than writing one to blackhole@outerspace.com, but thanks for the help. ^^

Send an e-mail to Gary then. You will at least get a response.

I've asked him questions through PM before and never got a response. I've heard about the excellent customer support here though, so it's a little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorahiko
    I've asked him questions through PM before and never got a response. I've heard about the excellent customer support here though, so it's a little confusing.
    Hi, Sorahiko.

The customer support is excellent here, both from the community and Gary. However, PM is probably not the best way to reach him. Here's the support page. You'll see an entry on the bottom of the page on how to contact him via email or telephone. Additionally, you'll see sections here about updating your Kontakt player.

http://www.garritan.com/support.html

Regarding your lost password, you can go here to the NI site and request your password.

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...id=register_us

These two things should get you up and running. Hope this helps!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Hi All:

May I ask also where to get the latest GPO update? It seems that it has been moving around and now can't be found.

If I go to NI, is the upgrade APPARENT or is it under some name that will make me believe it isn't there? I can be easily fooled..lol

Also, I understand there have been updated versions of the Kontakt Player and GPO Studio. I'm sorry I waited so long, but I have numerous problems with GPO and my Mac. Not a stable and willing platform having to render tracks so other tracks can be added. a tedious task and, if I'm correct, the new GPO update is a little more CPU intensive..........maybe not.

Joseph Burrell, where are you?

John
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I just spoke with Native Instruments and they are updating the update. An updated update will be on the update page early this coming week. The updates will include the updated player (which is also Finale 2006 enabled), the updated library and a PDF manual!

We'll keep you updated on the updated updates.

Gary Garritan

Thanks for the update Gary.

Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I just spoke with Native Instruments and they are updating the update. An updated update will be on the update page early this coming week. The updates will include the updated player (which is also Finale 2006 enabled), the updated library and a PDF manual!

We'll keep you updated on the updated updates.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks!

(Nice use of the word "updates". XD)

Go Back to forum