• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EthnoWorld 3 upgrade-who has it?

Share/Bookmark

EthnoWorld 3 upgrade-who has it?

I saw this referenced in another post. Started to buy it, but 15 pounds for shipping seems high, I'll try to wait for a US dealer. But does anyone have EW2 and gotten the upgrade? What is in it? Any EW2 repeats? Thanx.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: EthnoWorld 3 upgrade-who has it?

Dasher - I've ordered it yesterday and it will arrive next Thursday so I'll post my comments after having auditioned it.

I'm curious how this compares to East West RA. Please let us know if you've got that for comparison...

Ok guys, I just received it...Here are my first findings:

It's 1 DVD, around 1.1 Gb. The whole library has the same crunchy sound as its predecessors.

The panflute has different vibrato speeds, staccatos and more than 50 licks. The Uillean Pipes are looped nicely and have 4 articulations. There's a large variety of folk style fiddle licks, in 3 of 4 different keys. The construction sets (Chinese, Middle Eastern) are grouped instruments that have a few loops that can be combined. There are lots of shakers, a great kalimba and the Fujara is deep sounding - almost like a didgeridoo. I'll get back to playing around with it now...

I don't suppose anyone around here knows if an upgrade for the EXS24 version is going to become available?

Can you tell us how you think it compares with RA?

Quote Originally Posted by musical.matthew
    I want to know it as well
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by musical.matthew
    I don't own RA. Compared with what I've heard from RA users EW3 has more phrases and licks. These are pretty easy to combine with the single articulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Babcock
    I don't suppose anyone around here knows if an upgrade for the EXS24 version is going to become available?
    I think there won't be one, but since all the files on the disc are in Gigastudio 2 format you can import them in EXS24.

Question Re: EthnoWorld 3 upgrade-who has it?

Hi Herman.

From 1 to 10, what is your vote? I know you are an expert in ethnic instruments, so your opinion is important for me.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Mine arrives tomorrow. I am an owner of RA and I have to say it is superb. The quality of the samples is amazing. There aren't many phrases in RA but I guess it all depends what you want really.
    I'll do a comparison in a day or two.
    Tony

Go Back to forum