• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubasis VST-how to input MIDI data

Share/Bookmark

Cubasis VST-how to input MIDI data

In Cubasis VST (the one GPO comes with), how do you input MIDI data manually without recording? If I try to get into the score editor or the piano roll view, I get a popup that says that I don't have any MIDI data to edit, which is true, but I don't know how to get MIDI data in there to edit other than recording, which I'm really bad at and on top of everything it's hot and sticky outside and I'm trying to stretch out this run-on sentence as long as I possibly can without putting in a period anywhere, so I guess I'll just ramble on about how awesome GPO strings sound when you use them right because I'm doing this string arangement and I used the string tutorial and I layered solo strings and enseamble strings on top of each other and made the start and release times slightly off and I randomized the velocities a bit and the result is absolutely great--especially for a $250 package that I only got for $220 because I got it off ebay by a seller that likes to wait a week before shipping his products because he makes too many excuses when he had the perfect oppertunity to ship it the day after I ordered it and the day after that.

How was THAT for a run-on?

Anyways, so if you could tell me if I'm missing something that'd be great. I use Cakewalk Music Creator 2002 but it only does DXi, not VSTi, and I want to try out VSTi because I've never tried it before and I can't.

Thanks,

-Chris

Re: Cubasis VST-how to input MIDI data

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    In Cubasis VST (the one GPO comes with), how do you input MIDI data manually without recording? If I try to get into the score editor or the piano roll view, I get a popup that says that I don't have any ........etc
    Thanks,

-Chris
    The secret is to right click (and hold it down) anywhere in the blank area in the ARRANGE panel (where you see all your blank midi and audio tracks on start up) and choose the PENCIL tool. Then draw a box in the midi track of choice by left clicking and holding down as you draw. You can then double click that box and edit midi data with the piano roll.

Re: Cubasis VST-how to input MIDI data

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    The secret is to right click (and hold it down) anywhere in the blank area in the ARRANGE panel (where you see all your blank midi and audio tracks on start up) and choose the PENCIL tool. Then draw a box in the midi track of choice by left clicking and holding down as you draw. You can then double click that box and edit midi data with the piano roll.
    THANK YOU!!!

I get it now!

Thanks again,
    -Chris

Go Back to forum