• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: It's Finally Done!!! (I think)

Share/Bookmark

Red face It's Finally Done!!! (I think)

Well everyone,

Here it is...the song that's been bugging me forever!! It's as done as I can get it at this point...
    Please listen all of the way through...it gets really exciting toward the end
    Enjoy and thanks for listening!!

http://home.comcast.net/~surech/Moviemaestro.html

(Desert Storm)

Stephanie

Re: It's Finally Done!!! (I think)

It's great Stephanie!

btw, I love your name, it was Ally's name in the movie Short Circuit.

dpDan

Thumbs up Re: It's Finally Done!!! (I think)

Stephanie!!!
    What a great piece of music!!!
    Yes. it's finally done and.... WOW!!
    It reminds me to James Horner score!
    It is amazing and I really enjoy it.
    All is fine: the tune, the mix, the music and you make sounds GPO simply fantastic!!!!
    This is the music I prefer and I would like to hear always!!!
    Only my congratulations,
    thanks for sharing it with us.

My best regards,
    Roberto

Very nice, Miss Steph!

Hauntingly beautiful English horn work and the flute isn't chopped liver either.

Excellent horn "rips" later in the piece.

I enjoyed your work. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Stephanie!!!!

THAT blew me away! You certainly are getting better and better with each demo. I agree with Mr. Alexander, those horn rips really accentuate that change of pace and timbre we encounter!

As a listener this had all the things I love - wonderful melodies, great harmonies, interesting chord structure, SURPRISES, and soul.

Keep these up and your name "MovieMaestro" will be a reality, I am sure!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Well everyone,

Here it is...the song that's been bugging me forever!! It's as done as I can get it at this point...
    Please listen all of the way through...it gets really exciting toward the end
    Enjoy and thanks for listening!!

http://home.comcast.net/~surech/Moviemaestro.html

(Desert Storm)

Stephanie
    Very good Stephanie!

I like the nice easy going introduction, it's quite long though - for some too long. Maybe some modulations would be good there, just to spice it a little. The melody is very nice though!

Maybe some LOTR influences?

Ah! Here something happens (4 minute)...

Ok, the "busy" part needs to be more clear - you have some ideas but for my ears you don't quite make it. To get it more clear you need to distribute the scales, repeated notes etc. more clearly in your orchestration. I would need to see the score to be more acurate on how it would work maybe better.

Anyway, fine piece and fine job on realism!

Btw. Is this you in the avitar? If yes, you're very beautiful girl! Single? I like the ring of "Stephan & Stephanie".
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Steph, As I already told you - superlative work.. excellent, great string and brass writing! You just keep getting better and better.

As I said - I was consumed with jealousy, which is a big complement

Well done,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    It's great Stephanie!

btw, I love your name, it was Ally's name in the movie Short Circuit.

dpDan
    Thanks so much for listening dpDan! I'm glad you liked it! And, yes I'm very familiar with that particular movie. People say that I look like Ally, and when I was in school, they would go around saying..."nice hardware Stephanie" all of the time

[QUOTE=beach]Stephanie!!!
    What a great piece of music!!!
    Yes. it's finally done and.... WOW!!
    It reminds me to James Horner score!
    It is amazing and I really enjoy it.
    All is fine: the tune, the mix, the music and you make sounds GPO simply fantastic!!!!
    This is the music I prefer and I would like to hear always!!!
    Only my congratulations,
    thanks for sharing it with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by beach

Thank you so much!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! I hope to be able to continue making even more pieces soon!

QUOTE=Larry G. Alexander]Very nice, Miss Steph!

Hauntingly beautiful oboe work and the flute isn't chopped liver either.

Excellent horn "rips" later in the piece.

I enjoyed your work. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Thanks so much for listening Mr. Alexander! I'm so glad that you liked it! The flute line is probably my favorite, but it's a tough call against the english horns! The rips were very fun indeed...maybe too fun!! Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Stephanie!!!!

THAT blew me away! You certainly are getting better and better with each demo. I agree with Mr. Alexander, those horn rips really accentuate that change of pace and timbre we encounter!

As a listener this had all the things I love - wonderful melodies, great harmonies, interesting chord structure, SURPRISES, and soul.

Keep these up and your name "MovieMaestro" will be a reality, I am sure!

Jerry
    Thanks Jerry!! What you've said means a lot to me! Thank you so much for your help and support! I hope you're right about living up to my name...

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Very good Stephanie!

I like the nice easy going introduction, it's quite long though - for some too long. Maybe some modulations would be good there, just to spice it a little. The melody is very nice though!

Maybe some LOTR influences?

Ah! Here something happens (4 minute)...

Ok, the "busy" part needs to be more clear - you have some ideas but for my ears you don't quite make it. To get it more clear you need to distribute the scales, repeated notes etc. more clearly in your orchestration. I would need to see the score to be more acurate on how it would work maybe better.

Anyway, fine piece and fine job on realism!

Btw. Is this you in the avitar? If yes, you're very beautiful girl! Single? I like the ring of "Stephan & Stephanie".
    Mr. falcon1...where to begin...Thanks I think? No LOTR influence on this one. This was written in 1991. The busy part...I could do more work on it, but do kind of like the chaotic feel to it...Yes, that's me, thanks! I'm very married, so can't go along with the "Stephan & Stephanie" thing Thanks for listening

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by John Hawksley
    Steph, As I already told you - superlative work.. excellent, great string and brass writing! You just keep getting better and better.

As I said - I was consumed with jealousy, which is a big complement

Well done,
    John
    Thanks so much John I'm so flattered Thanks for your support

Stephanie

Fantastic! It's all I can say. Congratulations on a wonderful piece of work.

Kind Regards

LouisD

PS: I was wondering, my Mp3 player shows the time of the file as 11:53, but it stopped at 5:41. Is this correct or am I missing half the music?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast