• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Feedback

Share/Bookmark

Feedback

I'm still working with Mozart to hone my GPO skills. As I have previously expressed, I feel his music is dreadfully difficult to pull off as a MIDI. This is Mozart's Symphony No. 29, 1st Movement. Let me know if you think there is anything unconvincing about this.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Re: Feedback

Understand that when I listen to people's works, I'm usually using a computer at work which has very, very poor speakers. This is the case for tonight. With that said, your work on the Mozart piece sounded quite convincing. There were one or two phrases which sounded maybe a bit too quantized. But, again, I'm listening to this piece through less than desirable speakers. I'll try to listen to this piece on my home computer and speakers which will offer a better representation of the music. (Time at home is in short supply, so it may be a few days. )

Despite the fact that these computer speakers at work leave much to be desired, it is quite obvious that a lot of time and attention when into the sequencing of this Mozart piece. Well done! Looking forward to listening to the rest of this piece. . . on better speakers!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    I'm still working with Mozart to hone my GPO skills. As I have previously expressed, I feel his music is dreadfully difficult to pull off as a MIDI. This is Mozart's Symphony No. 29, 1st Movement. Let me know if you think there is anything unconvincing about this.
    Try reducing the reverb to about a quarter of the present. The we might hear the details.

Let me explain a little more. The tremolo like runs of 16th notes are giving me fits. The sustained+short strings don't have a sharp enough attack. The short and short ag have a pronounced tick. What I've done is combined the KS combo (voice 1) and short ag (voice 2) and adjusted modulation on 1 and velocity on 2 in the hope of a realistic articulation. Poolman's allusion to details leads me to believe I'm not there yet. Does anyone have a technique for this sort of passage?

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Let me explain a little more. The tremolo like runs of 16th notes are giving me fits. The sustained+short strings don't have a sharp enough attack. The short and short ag have a pronounced tick. What I've done is combined the KS combo (voice 1) and short ag (voice 2) and adjusted modulation on 1 and velocity on 2 in the hope of a realistic articulation. Poolman's allusion to details leads me to believe I'm not there yet. Does anyone have a technique for this sort of passage?
    Have you not tried the up/down auto in the KS combo? And cut your reverb anyway, it's far too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolman
    Have you not tried the up/down auto in the KS combo? And cut your reverb anyway, it's far too much.
    I did try the auto up/down and it was not convincing. I just now tried it less wet and found no real change except that it sounds like it's being played in someones garage. It may be that (on thin ice here) a sample for this sort of passage is needed. The short and short ag are great for fast scales and passages where the same note is not repeated. As far as processor speed goes, I'm running a P4 at 3.0 GHz.

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Hi

I've just experimented a bit with this piece to see for myself. In my opinion, your best bet for those semiquaver passages is simply to use the tremolo on the KS. I think it sounds the best.

In terms of reverb, I wouldn't make it any dryer. Reverb is one of those personal preferences though.

Kind Regards

LouisD

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Hi

I've just experimented a bit with this piece to see for myself. In my opinion, your best bet for those semiquaver passages is simply to use the tremolo on the KS. I think it sounds the best.

In terms of reverb, I wouldn't make it any dryer. Reverb is one of those personal preferences though.

Kind Regards

LouisD
    I just took your advise and it does sound better. All I have to do now is convince myself the tremolo bow strokes are in tempo the semiquavers. LOL I'll work with it some more.
    You're right about verb and personal pref. When I first got GPO I liked a dry sound, usually the default. I've gradually increased the wet though.

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Check your email.

Kind Regards

LouisD

Smile Re: Feedback

Valhalx,
    simply great as usual...
    I think the tremolo choise probably it will sound better. Will you finish that, right?
    Anyway, you are very talented to re-orchestrate classical scores with GPO.
    My best regards,
    Roberto

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast