• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rag Dung in Ethno World 3 vs. EWQL RA.

Share/Bookmark

Question Rag Dung in Ethno World 3 vs. EWQL RA.

Greetings everyone.

That's not mistypo, Ethno World 3 is coming

I've just found the info at Best Service:

http://www.bestservice.de/detail.asp...926a207p35p6p2

The full content from EW1 + EW2 + 30 new instruments + Kompakt player. Looks good to me

Can somebody tell me how good/bad is Rag Dung in Ethno World 2, compared to the same instrument in RA. I need that instrument for my current tune, and RA version comes with just a few articulations (though it sounds simply great!). In addition, I need several of those to play at once. I can see that Ethno World actually features 3 different versions, bass, tenor, and alt. How do they sound?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

ck

Re: Rag Dung in Ethno World 3 vs. EWQL RA.

Well, I don't have EW2, but listening to the demo (which begins with a low rag dung section), I can say that that instrument sounds significantly stronger and more 'present' than the rag dung in RA (which I DO have).
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Quote Originally Posted by c.k
    Can somebody tell me how good/bad is Rag Dung in Ethno World 2, compared to the same instrument in RA. I need that instrument for my current tune, and RA version comes with just a few articulations (though it sounds simply great!). In addition, I need several of those to play at once. I can see that Ethno World actually features 3 different versions, bass, tenor, and alt. How do they sound?
    The Rag Dung sounds good - it's 3 to 5 sustain samples per instrument (which makes sense, cause the instrument has no fingering and only plays a few notes).

EW3 is already out in Europe, and there's a great upgrade deal for users of EW1 and 2, offering the new instruments for 50 € / 60 $ in giga format. The two instruments I am most interested in are the Ullean Pipes, and the amazing man-size (!) Slovakian Fujara overtone flute (check it out here: http://www.fujara.sk/audio/fusion/DAY_Part1.mp3)

I sure hope they offer North American EW2 users an upgrade option, that would be nice, especually as I recognize some of th ematerial from EW2 (but the demo announcer states it's an EW2 demo, so WTF?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Thumbs up Re: Rag Dung in Ethno World 3 vs. EWQL RA.

WOW!! Sounds great (I hope what whe listen are not phrases )
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    WOW!! Sounds great (I hope what whe listen are not phrases )
    That is the question I've asked to myself : the demos indeed sound quite realistic, but, on another hand, when I look at EW3's provided booklet, the programs are not that big in size, which makes it unlikely that those instruments have lots of articulation, long samples, enough velocity layers....
    So : is it tremendously clever sample programming which makes good instruments out of few samples, or just, mostly phrases that we hear ???
    ---
    May some seasoned EW2 users comment on the quality of this lib, in terms of extensive sampling, available choice of nuances and articulations... ?
    What makes me doubt a little is that RA is 15 Gb for far less instruments, while EW3 claims to gets hundreds of them for only 5 Gb.

Yes, it is always the same with ethnic libraries. I would like to know as well if RA has a lot of articulations or a lot of phrases. I hate phrases, I think it is a deception for composers when we buy a library that the demo sounds great, but everything is done with phrases . I prefer a less realistic sound, but an original composition...

Is RA the definitive ethnic library???
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    I would like to know as well if RA has a lot of articulations or a lot of phrases.
    If I remember correctly the only phrases are didgeridoo loops and some bends for some ethnic wind (can't remember which). Everything else is multisamples. Some of the RA instruments are really simple with only couple of samples in one articulation but on the other hand there are instruments which have over a dozen of articulations, round robin alternations and so on. Some of the instruments aren't that good but some are spectacular. I have hard time believing that EW3 could compete with 5 gigs.

Is RA the definitive ethnic library???
    I was a bit concerned when I saw the EW3 info with all those instruments as I had just received my copy of RA and I haven't done anything productive with it yet. With only 5 gigs and a truckload of instruments it has to be somewhat limited in articulations and multisampling. It seems that RA is as definite as ethnic libraries go so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    The Rag Dung sounds good - it's 3 to 5 sustain samples per instrument (which makes sense, cause the instrument has no fingering and only plays a few notes).

EW3 is already out in Europe, and there's a great upgrade deal for users of EW1 and 2, offering the new instruments for 50 € / 60 $ in giga format. The two instruments I am most interested in are the Ullean Pipes, and the amazing man-size (!) Slovakian Fujara overtone flute (check it out here: http://www.fujara.sk/audio/fusion/DAY_Part1.mp3)
    Where can one find that deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Where can one find that deal?
    Here: http://www.bestservice.de/detail.asp...4a62p131p92p59

Go Back to forum