• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Ideas for a Home Studio

Share/Bookmark

Question Ideas for a Home Studio

Hi mates!!!

I have bought a house and I am going to have a room only for composing and instruments. The question is:

Does anybody has a good advice for creating a good home studio?

I am really interested in how to place the master keyboards, the mouse and the PC keyboard. Do you know a web site with photos to take ideas?

Other thing I want to do is placing the PC in other room (I do not bear any more the noise!!!! ) I am thinking of bluetooth mouse and keyboard as well, because the distance is about 5 meters.

Well, any advice, photo or whatever will be welcome!!!!!
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: Ideas for a Home Studio

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    I am really interested in how to place the master keyboards, the mouse and the PC keyboard. Do you know a web site with photos to take ideas?
    I think you should be thinking about where to place your speakers

To get rid of the noise you could get a silent cooler and power supply. I have the Nexus PHT-3600 SkiveTek cooler and the Nexus NX-3500 (350 watt) power supply myself, which I generally don't hear at all.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article189-page1.html
    http://silentpcreview.com/article131-page1.html

You could get some harddrive enclosures too, like the Molex Silentdrive. Not all harddrives are compatible though...

Stashing your tower in a closet makes for a good low-budget soulution. I was amazed when I put on my phones and cranked it up while opening/closing the closet door.
    Huge difference.
    Good luck,

Belbin

Post Re: Ideas for a Home Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    I think you should be thinking about where to place your speakers

To get rid of the noise you could get a silent cooler and power supply. I have the Nexus PHT-3600 SkiveTek cooler and the Nexus NX-3500 (350 watt) power supply myself, which I generally don't hear at all.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article189-page1.html
    http://silentpcreview.com/article131-page1.html

You could get some harddrive enclosures too, like the Molex Silentdrive. Not all harddrives are compatible though...
    Thanks Herman
    The idea of Nexus is very good, but I prefer to take the tower away...silence...

And speakers will be in an altar...
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Stashing your tower in a closet makes for a good low-budget soulution. I was amazed when I put on my phones and cranked it up while opening/closing the closet door.
    Huge difference.
    Good luck,

Belbin
    Yes, I think is the best idea...or at least, the only thing I have clear

Thanks, Belbin
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

WOW !!!

Lee, you've got an awesome studio!!! Thank you very much for your advices, the photos help me a lot. And now I know that I have to change my keyboard for "The most efficient keyboard"
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Lee, great photos.

What kind of trackball is that below the midi keyboard. I like all those assignable buttons on it. Are they programmed for doing Logic functions?
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

I have my controller keyboard at standard height and then a big desktop that slides forward and backward above it. So I slide the desktop forward to expose the keys when I'm writing, and slide it up to my belly when I want a desktop.

Then I have a bridge that goes over all that for my speakers and for the arms that hold my LCD monitors.

I finished building my home studio earlier this year. You can see how it turned out here:

http://forum.studiotips.com/viewtopi...=asc&start=357

Then, if you want to read the full story, jump to the start of the thread.

It is strictly a home studio but is well treated and has an extremely good response. Also, the DAW is in an adjacent room so covers that aspect you want to achieve - I use extender cables with no degrading on the monitors.

Hopefully, there is something in there of interest.

I cannot recommend forum.studiotips.com enough. The kind people there gave me lots of advice, help and encouragement, without which, my studio would not have been half as good.

Good luck! Post some pictures too as it progresses! It helps to share the experience when you find yourself getting weighed down with all the construction.

Mark

Whatever advice you get from any website, I'd think twice before deadening everything on every surface.

And I agree with Lee about Ergomart. The guy who runs it is very helpful and knowledgeable, and the LCD arms they sell are made by Innovative. Those are better than the more expensive Ergotron ones (I have one of each).

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast