• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 detunes GPO, why?

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 detunes GPO, why?

Hello, has anyone experienced the following?

Garritan Personal Orchestra plays fine with the Kontakt Player that came bundled with it. However, when I open the same banks (nki files)directly inside Kontakt 2, either as stand alone or as a plug-in in Logic Pro 7.1, it completely detunes the sound. Yes, it's the same nki files that I'm opening.

What's wrong? I know there is a function to slightly detune the instruments in GPO's Kontakt player, but I haven't used it.

Can anybody shed some light for me?

G4 MMD Dual 1.42
    1.5 GB Ram
    OS 10.3.9

Re: Kontakt 2 detunes GPO, why?

Quote Originally Posted by cathfragment
    Hello, has anyone experienced the following?

Garritan Personal Orchestra plays fine with the Kontakt Player that came bundled with it. However, when I open the same banks (nki files)directly inside Kontakt 2, either as stand alone or as a plug-in in Logic Pro 7.1, it completely detunes the sound. Yes, it's the same nki files that I'm opening.

What's wrong? I know there is a function to slightly detune the instruments in GPO's Kontakt player, but I haven't used it.

Can anybody shed some light for me?

G4 MMD Dual 1.42
    1.5 GB Ram
    OS 10.3.9
    Only when pressing the sustain pedal, right? To fix, press the modulation tab under source, and set the first glide fader to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by roggie
    Only when pressing the sustain pedal, right? To fix, press the modulation tab under source, and set the first glide fader to zero.
    No, it was not plugged in. I'm still learning and testing GPO. Nonetheless, your recomandation solved the problem.

But that leaves me wondering... Why are the sounds programmed this way?I think it's strange that it can't play the same way on 2 samplers from the same company(NI).That also gives me another problem: if I change the nki files they can't be opened in the GPO Kontakt player anymore. When attempting to open a file I get a message saying "the patch was generated by a newer version...". So I have to save them all under a different names if I want them to open in both players. I need that because sometimes I work with Finale and GPO and other times a I use a sequencer. That's time consuming, but that's another story.

Thanks.

Kontak2 version 2.0.2, now available from the NI site, seems to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kipper
    Kontak2 version 2.0.2, now available from the NI site, seems to fix this problem.
    Thanks for the tip. I hadn't notice there was a new update. It's dl now...

Go Back to forum