• Register
  • Help

Topic: Setting up old sibelius files to play with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Setting up old sibelius files to play with GPO

ok im a sibelius lover. I think its the greatest invention since the spit valve. Now before GPO i used their Kontakt Player to play back my file but GPO blows it out of the water. NOw when i try and play back my old pre-GPO era scores they wont play back. Ne one know how to fix this? Also how do u make two GPO players play back at the same time. I have 12 parts on my score and when i load up the 12 parts into two GPO players only those on the first player play back. Another cry for help from the computer illerate Struggler. Mind you i use Sibelius so keep that in mind if u have ne ideas on how to fix this.

Re: Setting up old sibelius files to play with GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Struggler06
    ok im a sibelius lover. I think its the greatest invention since the spit valve. Now before GPO i used their Kontakt Player to play back my file but GPO blows it out of the water. NOw when i try and play back my old pre-GPO era scores they wont play back. Ne one know how to fix this? Also how do u make two GPO players play back at the same time. I have 12 parts on my score and when i load up the 12 parts into two GPO players only those on the first player play back. Another cry for help from the computer illerate Struggler. Mind you i use Sibelius so keep that in mind if u have ne ideas on how to fix this.

Perhaps you must go to the mixer and reset the instruments & channels to get the files to playback as they did before. But for safety, couldn't hurt to save your new work under a new name so your original remains intact. Either that, or have a readily accessible backup copy available.

Concerning more than 1 player: I don't remember, but I will see what I can work out. Have you set your devices to yes on at least two GPO players?

Richard
    Last edited by rwayland; 07-02-2005 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added

Verify in the Sib mixer that the 1st set of voices is pointing to the "GPO Studio 1" port and the 2nd set of voices is pointing to the "GPO Studio 2" port.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Struggler06

Well, I just tried using two GPO players. It works quite well. So:

Go to GPO Studio, set up instruments as you require, in players 1 & 2.

Open Sibelius and your muic file.
    Set your devices with yes on GPO Players 1 & 2.

Go to mixer, set channels according to your gpo studio 1 and 2 settings.

requires reset sound.

works well.

Richard

Thanks a lot RIch

Go Back to forum