• Register
  • Help

Topic: Muted instruments how to play them back?

Share/Bookmark

Muted instruments how to play them back?

Ok this is another cry for help. Im writing a piece in which the trumpets start out in a straight mute. But then later on I need them to go back to open. How would i do that using GPO? Is there a certain way to do it or do I just load both different types of trumpets?

Re: Muted instruments how to play them back?

Hi Struggler06,

Use the KS trumpet/s. These KS (key switched) instruments have some yellow keys, and when you place one of these yellow notes in your sequencer's midi track, the GPO Kontakt player will switch to that type of sound. You can switch however many times you want.

That's it

Dan

I need to be able to do the same thing. But where are the KS brass? I find KS patches in the ensemble strings but none for any brass. No brass KS explanation in the guide booklet, either, though there is for the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smith
    I need to be able to do the same thing. But where are the KS brass? I find KS patches in the ensemble strings but none for any brass. No brass KS explanation in the guide booklet, either, though there is for the strings.
    Doug,

Sounds like you don't have the GPO update. Go to garritan.com and download it. It's free and filled with lots of new keyswitches.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I did not have the update. Thanks to newmewzickboy's query in another thread I eventually figured out how to get it. *Very* complicated.

Go Back to forum