• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: RHAP 2 and DPDAN DUET

Share/Bookmark

RHAP 2 and DPDAN DUET

Hi folks,

John Cannon (Rhap2) sent me a midi file of a medley that he arranged and played on GPO piano.
    Here's That Rainy Day, Stella By Starlight, and Who Can I Turn To

Growing up with these songs in my head, I enjoyed his arrangement and playing, so I decided to add an upright string bass before I sent it back to him just for fun.
    He really liked it and wanted me to post it here for you all to enjoy.
    It is Jack Cannon on GPO Steinway Grand Piano, and myself on the Spectrasonics upright bass. No reverb no mixing perse, just a quickie,,,, isn't Jack great!

Happy Independance Day for those in the USA.
    Everyone else, have a great weekend!

DPDAN

Re: RHAP 2 and DPDAN DUET

Wonderful!

Three great tunes and you two did a marvelous job! It took me back to my days of playing bass in a jazz group.

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: RHAP 2 and DPDAN DUET

What I can say?
    This is a great piece of music, relaxing uplifting and simply wonderful....
    you both have done a great job here!!!!
    Only my congratulation for this awesome piece....
    Sincerely,
    Roberto

Thank you DPDAN, Larry and Beach. I really like to play the old standards and the GPO Steinway is the way to go. Your comments are well appreciated.

But, what amazed me was the bass that DPDAN attached to the file. His precision in placing the bass in a piece that is ultra rubato is uncanny. And, his ear is magnificent which has been proven more than a few times. Thanks Dan for a decentralized duet. Isn't technology marvelous when two players can create a mix miles apart?

John
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

It was fun, thank you everyone!

hmmm that rhymed
    Dan

Rhap2 and DPDan,

You did an amazing thing. It's fantastic when two members collaborate together and make music. I hope we see more of this.

I love this piece and listened several times. This is a keeper. John, you have an extraordinary touch and Dan, the upright bass was just classy.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

This is GREAT!!

It made me think of some great times I've had...relaxing, having a nice dinner out...watching the band play on stage...

Wonderful work gentlemen! It is amazing that you were able to do being so far apart...

mm
    hey, that gives me ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    hey, that gives me ideas...
    Hi Movie !

How about you start a piece of music, then send the midi file to me, then I can add a part, then I send it on to the next person, and eventually a bunch of people will play a part on it. It could be sent back to me at the end and I'll mix it.

Sound fun?

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Movie !

How about you start a piece of music, then send the midi file to me, then I can add a part, then I send it on to the next person, and eventually a bunch of people will play a part on it. It could be sent back to me at the end and I'll mix it.

Sound fun?

dpDan
    Congrats on a great piece.I love those standards too.
    I think you make an excellent point.As we all own GPO,what is to stop us collaborating more often.Count me in for any pieces you got doing the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Movie !

Sound fun?

dpDan
    Hi Dan!!

Yes, that sounds very fun I think it's a great idea! I'll see what I can come up with, and will get with you later about sending the MIDI file to you!

Thanks for the offer! Looking forward to it!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast