• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sample Conversion--What's better?

Share/Bookmark

Sample Conversion--What's better?

I just posted this on another thread, but I thought it might be better suited to its own:

I just got my new laptop all ready to go with the RME multiface, Sonar 4, the M-Audio Keystation 66 and Halion3. Which is going to be better for converting all my libraries from Giga 2.5 and 3 over to Halion: the Halion3 Import Sample stuff which I've never messed with, or the sample converter from Chicken Systems? Will that Chicken Systems stuff convert all the keyswitches and crossfades?

Thanks for the help,

Steve
    Steven J. Kukla
    Kuklamusic.com

Re: Sample Conversion--What's better?

Hey STeve, you might want to clone this into the CHICKEN forum here on NS as well

Thanks, you read my mind...
    Steven J. Kukla
    Kuklamusic.com

Yes it will, and Translator can do other things as well, so it may be worth some extra cash. But if not, use the HALion convertor inside the unit, works well.

Check out www.cdxtract.com too. I believe all convertion apps converts to it's own format and then to the final format... so theoretically I'd guess it would be better to import giga right into halion.

/Tobias

Another converter is "Extreme Sample Converter" http://www.extranslator.com/.

For some reason www.extremesampleconverter.com leads to www.chickensys.com/ !? Hope there's an explanation to that... 8)

/Tobias

Yeah CDX is also supposed to be good. I Fergit about this one

Quote Originally Posted by chickensys
    Yes it will, and Translator can do other things as well, so it may be worth some extra cash. But if not, use the HALion convertor inside the unit, works well.
    Thanks for this, Chicken. I'm leaning toward getting a special edition one for Halion, since that's the only other format I'll be using for a while and it'll save me a bit of money...

A question, though: On the site, it says it supports Halion 1 and 2, but Halion 3 is not listed. (In fact, none of the options offered list Halion 3 as an ouput format.) Is it possible to convert them into Halion 3 with the Chicken systems translator?

If so, is there any way I can purchase a downloadable version of the the Special Edition or even the Pro version? I need the translator ASAP, whichever one I go with.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Steve
    Steven J. Kukla
    Kuklamusic.com

Go Back to forum