• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and AMD64: Do they work well together?

Share/Bookmark

GPO and AMD64: Do they work well together?

I am currently using a P4 2.4 GHz (which I've had since it was top of the line), but I am managing to max that sucker out more than I care to. I don't want to cut back on my orchestrations, so I have decided that it is upgrade time for the ol' compy.

I have my eye on the AMD 64 3400+. My question is this: Does GPO run well on that CPU? I don't think GPO will run in 64 bit mode, but if it does I want to know. Regardless, are there any feature of the CPU that I should disable?

I'm already running a gig of RAM, though I'll likely add another 512kB-1GB.

On a related note, are the MAudio Audiophile cards good with GPO?

Thanks for any info given. I'd hate to spend the money and fire the thing up and GPO not work so well. :/

Re: GPO and AMD64: Do they work well together?

I can vouch for the Athlon64. I have a 3200+. 2GB memory. Nothing runs in 64-bit, of course, because the OS is 32-bit. But the Athlon64 would run 64-bit windows. I'm in no rush for that at the moment.

I have not had to disable anything. I get superb performance. Plenty of headroom.
    Bill

I use a dual AMD64 with 4 gigs RAM and so far it seems to work pretty well. I'm not able to get the full performance out of my machine though because I don't have a 64 bit OS yet, and am too chicken to use the beta. So, I've been using Windows XP 32 bit. I am anxiously awaiting the 64 bit OS system so that I can really see what it can do. I know that right now I'm able to use GPO with no problems at this point, and know that once I can use the machine at full capacity, there should be almost no limit to what I can do with my GPO. I haven't had to disable anything, I load all of the samples wet, and set the quality to max in the ambiance. Other than that, I really can't tell you whether or not you should spend the big bucks or not. If you've seen some of the threads that I've started, you'll know that I've had my share of issues with the machine until I worked out all of the bugs. It could have been that the issues were only with my machine. I know that they weren't GPO related. I'm not familiar with the MAudio card, so I can't offer any help with that. I hope that I've been of some help Good luck!!

Jesu Movie Maestro. Thats a monster machine. Why do you double your samples - using wet samples + Reverb???

Well, that's how I like it, works for me. If it gets too mushy, I fix it.

You must be a scuba diver...

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

You like being underwater in clouds of blue fish...

Hmmm...don't see how clouds of blue fish relate to my music...but if you say it, it MUST be true, right? Since you are the all knowing, PERFECT, can do no wrong newmewzikboy! Still waiting to hear your version of perfection by the way...I WANT to know just how horrible I truly am...

Oh, wait...I know what it is...DAW envy!

Leave me alone

Hmmm...Never said it was WRONG or RIGHT, now did I??? DID I???

As for my PERFECTION, YES ITS TRUE I AM PERFECT!!! YOU CAN NEVER BE AS PERFECT AS ME!!! NO ONE CAN!!! So what's your point????

AND YES I AM DAW ENVIOUS its true??? WHO WOULDN"T BE???

But pleeeeze....turn down the reverb people....I'm trying to sleeep!

Go Back to forum