• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 3.1 Crash on Save or Quit???

Share/Bookmark

3.1 Crash on Save or Quit???

Hello,

i have a few People which are getting crashes on Quit or Save. The .gigs are coruptet after that, which is bad if you have no backup!
    Digital AudionetworX

Re: 3.1 Crash on Save or Quit???

it happened to me at about 3am yesterday. had not yet backed up performances for this project ( i do this once a day.)

i'll be backing up more often now!

Maybe it was better for me, but I was unable to install the 3.1 upgrade. Something about the file could not be opened. I don't know what happened.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Digital AudionetworX
    Hello,

i have a few People which are getting crashes on Quit or Save. The .gigs are coruptet after that, which is bad if you have no backup!
    You mean .gsps? It's strange that someone would not have backups of .gig files.

We're going to need a lot more information to try and help.

- G

for me, it was my PERFORMANCE file that appeared as an empty, corrupted file. the instruments (.GIGs) were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    You mean .gsps? It's strange that someone would not have backups of .gig files.

We're going to need a lot more information to try and help.

- G
    sorry, yes i was talking about the performance file.
    Digital AudionetworX

I had the same problem. What I had to do was open all my performance files and do a Save-As with a new name, which I suppose saves the file in 3.1 format. Anyway, no more crashes on Save or Quit since.

just happened AGAIN minutes ago.

these ARE new performance files, created in 3.1.

this 1 meg performance file was reduced to 16k after the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital AudionetworX
    Hello,

It has been happening to me the past 2 nights. It seems that I can save smaller presets (around 300 Kb) with no problem, but the minute I save a preset 1,200 Kb, the system does a hard reboot and then I am looking at the Bias screen flash past. I never experienced this problem in 3.04.

Wade

I just reinstalled windows (again) to try to solve some multitasking problems on my all-in-one (internet-the works) machine. Everthing is working pretty well, but I was also testing to see what I could load, having recently removed my second gig of ram, which was causing problems of its own.

In saving my large performance, I crashed. It did not save at all. A second attempt yeilded successful results. I fear that this may be a foreshadowing of things to come.

Belbin

Go Back to forum