• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Topic: Solo Violin Library?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Question Solo Violin Library?

    Hi there:

    I just noted that the notice concerning Gary's Solo Violin library has been removed from the GPO website. Does this mean that the release of this library and other parts of the solo string library have been indefinitely delayed are permanently canceled? I've been hoping for the release of of this library since it was first mentioned, several years ago, on the GPO website. Gary's idea for this library (at least as I understand it) of using physical mdeling in combination with high quality samples seems like it would be an enormous advance over what is currently available. While, for example, the VSL solo string library has high quality samples, the dynamic relation between different layers of multi-samples is hardly linear - and gives a stepped efect. Using the VSL solo string library therefore requires a great deal of fussing around to create something like natural dynamic relationships. (not to mention that despite being comprised of 29 GB of samples, there are no harmonics or con sordino instruments in the VSL solo string library). Gary to the rescue, please, please please!

    Stephen Siegel

  2. #2

    Unhappy Re: Solo Violin Library?

    I quote...!

  3. #3

    Re: Solo Violin Library?

    It is VERY frustrating knowing that something negative has happened to the lib and not have any idea what the disposition of it is. It's almost like knowing your friend is sick but everyone's too busy to let you know what it is and if it's serious. Unfortunately I imagine that they are simply in no position to go into details about the setback but it would be nice to know what's up. Maybe I'm just a nosey type

    I kind of worry that it's not a production issue since that seemed to be coming right along and that its some weird legal hassle, like a patent problem. I'm totally just speculating of course. Whatever it is I hope it gets worked out because WE NEEEEEEEED THIS.....

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Solo Violin Library?

    Talk about wild speculation .
    Working out some technical things.
    We'll provide more details when the time is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    It is VERY frustrating knowing that something negative has happened to the lib and not have any idea what the disposition of it is. It's almost like knowing your friend is sick but everyone's too busy to let you know what it is and if it's serious. Unfortunately I imagine that they are simply in no position to go into details about the setback but it would be nice to know what's up. Maybe I'm just a nosey type

    I kind of worry that it's not a production issue since that seemed to be coming right along and that its some weird legal hassle, like a patent problem. I'm totally just speculating of course. Whatever it is I hope it gets worked out because WE NEEEEEEEED THIS.....

  5. #5

    Re: Solo Violin Library?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Talk about wild speculation .
    Working out some technical things.
    We'll provide more details when the time is right.
    Well, that's what happens in the wake of no reliable information *lol*. I admitted as much. I'm sorry there are setbacks but I'm sure they'll get worked out. This is a whole new technology after all. We'll wait sort of slightly a little patiently

    (You guys are getting patents on Sonic Morphing though aren't you?? That's so cool!!)

  6. #6

    Re: Solo Violin Library?

    Thanks for the information - it is helpful to have at least some idea of what is happening. The sudden and unexplained disappearance of an already announced product from a company's website cannot but generate rumor and speculation - especially when the product is as significant as the solo violin (and solo string) library. Those in need of this library (e.g. anyone writing for solo strings) will now have to pray that release is sooner rather than later.

    Stephen Siegel

  7. #7
    Senior Member newmewzikboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Solo Violin Library?

    What? Hey I already have Dan Dean Solo Strings, and London Strings! Another one?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Wink Re: Solo Violin Library?

    Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    What? Hey I already have Dan Dean Solo Strings, and London Strings! Another one?
    This is to a great extent, diverse more than expected.
    Styxx

  9. #9

    Re: Solo Violin Library?

    I heard that Antonio Stradivari rose from his dusty grave, moaning:

    "Over... my... dead... body!"

    So he's now doing what any other contemporary innovator would do when his creation is threatened by knock-offs: he's bringing his case to court!

    So keep watching legal news sources for the results of Stadivari v Garritan.

    (Also check out Picasso v Adobe while you're there...)

    - m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

  10. #10

    Re: Solo Violin Library?

    The case is bound to get ugly, considering most of the witnesses have been decomposing for centuries.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •