• Register
  • Help

Topic: 3.1 Key Re-mapping

Share/Bookmark

Question 3.1 Key Re-mapping

Anyone able to make "Key Re-mapping" work? I go to the dropdown on one of the stacked instruments and select Channel Properties and then try to drag the original note (a crash cymbal in this scenario) to the destination keyboard in the dialog box. Instead of moving to the new location it snaps back to its original place on the new keyboard. If I say OK, the key that I dragged now plays nothing. Looks like a great feature. Sure wish I could make it work.

Re: 3.1 Key Re-mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    Anyone able to make "Key Re-mapping" work? .....
    I just used it to transpose the complete channel by semitones...
    for me it worked.

Matt

Anyone able to make "Key Re-mapping" work? I go to the dropdown on one of the stacked instruments and select Channel Properties and then try to drag the original note (a crash cymbal in this scenario) to the destination keyboard in the dialog box. Instead of moving to the new location it snaps back to its original place on the new keyboard. If I say OK, the key that I dragged now plays nothing. Looks like a great feature. Sure wish I could make it work.
    If I understand this function correctly it does nothing else but a remapping
    of incoming midi note numbers.
    The note number your key used to play (for the crash) is now changed
    into the note number corresponding to the key you dragged the first key upon.
    So your "source key" is simply playing a different note number after the operation.
    On the "destination" keyboard, the remapped keys are labelled with the new note names..
    If the crash cymbal is triggered exclusively by the "original" note number
    of the key, it will be silent now, since no key any longer is playing this note.

Well, that's the way it seems to work here...

Since this remapping can be done for all keys together at once, to me it looks like the only
    comfortable way to transpose a channel in semitones.. or did I overlook another option?

Matt

Smile Re: 3.1 Key Re-mapping

Well I think that I finally figured it out. But it's so backwards in terms of the way that I think. It's almost painfully mathmatic. I thought that you just drag the source with the sound on it to the destination key and it would land there. But its more like pick the key you want to map it to on the source keyboard and drag it to the key where the sound is. Then it works. I just have to learn how to think backwards.

Either I'm Dislexic or the programmers are. But at least it works so I'm happy.

Well I think that I finally figured it out......
    Either I'm Dislexic or the programmers are. But at least it works so I'm happy.
    You have in mind the position of the mapped sound that you are willing to remap, they are focusing on a single key on the keyboard.
    It took me a while to understand, too...
    Matt

Go Back to forum