• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wife asks me ...

Share/Bookmark

Wife asks me ...

if I won the mega millions in the New York State Lottery, would you build yourself your own theatre?
    Yes, and I would have one heck of a GPO studio as well as the best tech stage around!
    Dreams....
    Styxx

Re: Wife asks me ...

Nothin' like daydreaming! Come to think of it, I have no idea what I'd do with millions of dollars . . . and I better not start thinking about it or I'd lose my mind with delusions of grandeur . . . But I guess if we just keep following our passions patiently, even the wildest dreams may not seem so farfetched.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I just saw a show last night about New York real estate. A million dollars will barely get you a decent apartment in Manhattan. In today's news, I read that an estate sold in the Hamptons for $90 million.

Not the time to buy real estate with your millions.

I'd produce a movie.... so I could score it myself. I've always wanted to do both, but don't yet have the talent to do either... but I'm working on it.
    Tim

I'm with Tim Except I'm already doing that Co-writing, co-producing, directing and scoring extremely low budget movies.
    If you really want to do it, just go fot it borrow someones DV cam and write your own zombie epic hehe.

Here's our scifi film, which is almost done editing, the site hasnt really gone live yet:
    http://jorn.lavoll.no/loveinspace/

GPO will be used in scoring that film

with a million dollars, I'd probably just make more really low budget films hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I just saw a show last night about New York real estate. A million dollars will barely get you a decent apartment in Manhattan. In today's news, I read that an estate sold in the Hamptons for $90 million.

Not the time to buy real estate with your millions.
    You won't find any real estate worth $90 million in Beeffalo! With 1300 families leaving this area per year, real estate is practically being given away compared to other areas on this great soon to be Chinese nation.
    Styxx

Martha asked me a similar question a while ago. I said I'd build a state of the art computer music studio, and then I'd never leave. (I don't think she liked that answer.)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum