• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with Wavecenter, Giga, ADAT IO!

Share/Bookmark

Help with Wavecenter, Giga, ADAT IO!

I've been using Giga on the PC and taking SPDIF out of the WAVECENTER card to Pro Tools on my Mac.

Today I got an optical cable and decided to try the ADAT OUT feature on the Wavecenter into my 002 on the Mac. Can't get a sound. Can't get through to Frontier Designs tech support.

I can hit a note on the keyboard, and see audio going OUT in GIGA in the DSP mixer section. For instance, I have the first channel assigned to outputs 1+2, and when I hit a note, I see a level in GIGA on those meters. But when I bring up the Wavecenter tray application, even though I think I have the settings right, nothing lights up in the OUTPUTS 1-8 section. And no sound in Pro Tools, which is looking at ADAT IN 1+2. Is there anyone out there using this card that might walk me through or double check me on the connections to get this up and running?

Thanks
    Tom

Re: Help with Wavecenter, Giga, ADAT IO!

Tom,

I haven't used Giga lately, but I do have a similar setup with a MacOS9, ADAT in, Digi 001 and PC Giga, wavecenter card, using ADAT out.
    It might be a little different becuase of my OS9 thing

IN my setup I have to have my Pro Tools ADAT channels in REC mode. Also, just make sure in your hardware setups in Pro Tools that Optical IN is selected. I'm constantly swithing optical in on my setup.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP
    Tom,

I haven't used Giga lately, but I do have a similar setup with a MacOS9, ADAT in, Digi 001 and PC Giga, wavecenter card, using ADAT out.
    It might be a little different becuase of my OS9 thing

IN my setup I have to have my Pro Tools ADAT channels in REC mode. Also, just make sure in your hardware setups in Pro Tools that Optical IN is selected. I'm constantly swithing optical in on my setup.
    Thanks Johnny. JUST FOUND OUT what it was.

Since I had INTERNAL CLOCK selected in the WAVECENTER, I got no audio in PT until I selected EXTERNAL clock in PT. Now it works.

BTW, you shouldn't have to have any channels in record. Just make a STEREO AUX and assign its inputs to ADAT 1+2 or whatever. Works fine.

TH

Tom,

Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman
    BTW, you shouldn't have to have any channels in record. Just make a STEREO AUX and assign its inputs to ADAT 1+2 or whatever. Works fine.

TH
    Oh ok, I'll give it a shot. This is the way the guy from sound chaser said to do it. I'll give it a go.

Glad you're up and runnin.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Go Back to forum